California Bonsai Society Visiting Artist program

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mach fizzle know the dizzle drizzle collected from the spizill from the brizicks thru the stizicks to the cizoast Mach most pop tizoast with folks fashizo!

Sorce

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Mach fizzle know the dizzle drizzle collected from the spizill from the brizicks thru the stizicks to the cizoast Mach most pop tizoast with folks fashizo!

Sorce

With all that fishizzle, snizzle and drizzle that's how you contract coronavirus! At least that's what Snoop said 😂

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here’s the most important question! Where’s a good place to eat in Gardena on Wednesday?

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great talk, amazing transformations and inspiring images! Good to meet you and thank you for making the trip!

Also thanks to Bob for all his hard work making these visits happen!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Great talk, amazing transformations and inspiring images! Good to meet you and thank you for making the trip!

Also thanks to Bob for all his hard work making these visits happen!

Great to meet you as well! Thank you for attending and glad you enjoyed it. I had a great week.

Many thanks to Bob Pressler for hosting me and giving me the opportunity to participate in the Visiting Artists Program sponsored by the California Bonsai Society. He kept me very busy giving lectures, demos and private as well as club workshops from morning till night on most days. I had the chance to work on new species, met great people, ate really good food and even had a little time to visit Ted Matson at the outstanding Huntington Botanical Gardens. What an outstanding collection!

Here are some pics from the week.

IMG_2681a.jpg

IMG_2706 a.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2298a.jpg

E7974BE5-2138-4051-9518-B21B52617CE7_1_105_c.jpg

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2042.jpeg

IMG_3611.JPG

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great to meet you as well! Thank you for attending and glad you enjoyed it. I had a great week.

Many thanks to Bob Pressler for hosting me and giving me the opportunity to participate in the Visiting Artists Program sponsored by the California Bonsai Society. He kept me very busy giving lectures, demos and private as well as club workshops from morning till night on most days. I had the chance to work on new species, met great people, ate really good food and even had a little time to visit Ted Matson at the outstanding Huntington Botanical Gardens. What an outstanding collection!

Here are some pics from the week.

View attachment 285149

View attachment 285150

View attachment 285151

View attachment 285153

View attachment 285154

View attachment 285156

View attachment 285164

View attachment 285165

View attachment 285166

View attachment 285167
Sergio in Camo??? Did your shoes go with that??
What happened? Did the airline lose your luggage?

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looks like so much fun! Like what @MACH5 did with the contorted quince best 😄👍 What's the thin twin trunk/literati? It's pretty cool too.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Camo must be new bonsai artist thing. Just the other day I saw a video or Bjorn on Shimpaku wearing a camo jacket.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looks like so much fun! Like what @MACH5 did with the contorted quince best 😄👍 What's the thin twin trunk/literati? It's pretty cool too.

Crepe myrtle :)

The contorted quince was a very nice piece of nursery stock. With a few more years of development it will be stellar. Wish I could find these type of things up here.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
You do know Bjorn is from Knoxville, TN, don’t you? Redneck capital of the world!
The only “haute” thing there would be the height of their deer stand! Lol!!!

Oh, I had no idea he was from Knoxville 😱 I thought he was this cool, well traveled and weirdly blond and tall Japanese dude! Well I'll be damned!🤪

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh, I had no idea he was from Knoxville 😱 I thought he was this cool, well traveled and weirdly blond and tall Japanese dude! Well I'll be damned!🤪
Sorry I shattered your illusions!
Did anyone make you work on an Ume? Lol!!!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sorry I shattered your illusions!
Did anyone make you work on an Ume? Lol!!!

LOL!! No, but close. I worked on a cherry for Bob. Design principles are the same no matter the species. Care... that's another story.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
LOL!! No, but close. I worked on a cherry for Bob. Design principles are the same no matter the species. Care... that's another story.
I’ll have to give you “the Ume lecture” sometime! There is a particular protocol that works really well with them. It’s a trick you need to add to your bag!

Top Bottom