California Juniper two from one

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pictures from a cal juniper that I split the live vein two create two trees. Both sides had good roots they should both do fine.

Attachments

• DSC00313.JPG
    DSC00313.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00315.JPG
    DSC00315.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00338.JPG
    DSC00338.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00340.JPG
    DSC00340.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 131

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
part two split cal juniper

Aftre pics

Attachments

• DSC00342.JPG
    DSC00342.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC00345.JPG
    DSC00345.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 120

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice going Steve. I like this thinking out of the box approach to bonsai. Doing things that most people would be happy to read about but never try.

Keep us updated as we move into summer and how you might think about putting canopies on these buggers. That taller skinny one blows my skirt up!

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
no sleep tonight

taller skinny one blows my skirt up!

Thanks Al. Now that you've put that mental image into my head, I may never get it out. Maybe you should send me one of your trees to sell to cover the cost of the therapy I'll need to cope with this. Maybe two.

Treecutter, Bold approach and nice results. Keep us posted!

Thanks treecutter, not so much Al,
Ray

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Al. Now that you've put that mental image into my head, I may never get it out. Maybe you should send me one of your trees to sell to cover the cost of the therapy I'll need to cope with this. Maybe two.

Thanks treecutter, not so much Al,
Ray

Good thing you weren't at bonsaiTALK several years ago when I posted "The case for smaller trees".

RockM still has burned retina's.

I don't have the picture so your safe.

Oh..and BTW your going to need a cheap therapist if you wish to pay them selling my trees!

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Good thing you weren't at bonsaiTALK several years ago when I posted "The case for smaller trees".

Oh..and BTW your going to need a cheap therpist if you wish to pay them selling my trees!

I like your new signature !

keep it green,
Harry

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

Would that be the of you in the grass skirt and coconut cups? Cause if it is, all those that saw it were irreparably damaged:D

Nice going treecutter.....you made a sound decision

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably the pink G-string panties rising above his pants. A full back side shot. Ya, it was that bad. Took GUTS to post it though.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I never knew BigAl was a cross dressing plumber til then.

keep it green,
Harry

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score

Oh..and BTW your going to need a cheap therpist if you wish to pay them selling my trees!

I still have the picture Al :D:D

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I still have the picture Al :D:D

If you do Irene, I would say you have masochistic tendencies :p ,or as Al put it, your retina's burned out long ago.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
YEAH BUDDY!!!! Now, for those of you still wondering what "doing bonsai" is, this is a prime example. Good work, and good luck!

-Dave

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Maybe it was just poor timing HA/Dave, but you might want to clarify what exactly it is you're talking about (when you say that this is a prime example of "doing bonsai". I'll hope you mean the splitting of this CalJuni, though most of the conversation has hinged on Al's wardrobe tendencies. ...?

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
If you do Irene, I would say you have masochistic tendencies :p ,or as Al put it, your retina's burned out long ago.
Al on the couch with just the dog did the permanent damage forever to any pictures I will ever see of him ever again...

Top Bottom