California juniper

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
he , he , he , he , look what I got for a total including delivery of less than $500

I'll take mopre pics later. he , he , he , he

Attachments

• 001 a.jpg
    001 a.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 002 a.jpg
    002 a.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
cali juni

nice one Dwight !
where did ya acquire it from ?
art rodriguez (ex-el pasoan)
vancouver, wa.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah! Congratulations, Dwight! LONG time coming. :)

Keep us posted as you develop this bad boy. It's got marvelous potential.

Will

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Art , I think he wants to remain annomonous ( sp ? ) but ifen he wants to rat himself out he can

Will , thanks buddy. It sure was but well worth the struggle. I'll definately keep this one going.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
D...

This is the most important step in the progress of your work... like EVER. Taking the time and effort to get yourself a worthy peice of material, is a step a lot of people never get to, so they just give up. I'm so proud I could burst. Well done, I am very VERY excited to see the work you do on it over time.

V

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Awwwwwww...... Can you see me blushing from the NW ? You sure know how to turn an old mans head.

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
he , he , he , he , he , he

BTW , this tree was collected in 1998 and potted in 2005. I think it's established.

Last edited:

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ive always wanted one,never could find anything nice here on the east side of town.:)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
You two are incorrigible. :p

and yah...I'd say it's established. lol

V

I would expect you don't go fishing, but every good fisherman has his honey hole know only to him and his closest friends, same thing............:p

keep it green,
Harry

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Us incorigable ????? Never ! We're both certified dirty old men. Harry even made up certificates.

And Dave , don't worry , this isn't the only one i got. The second really isn't presentable yet though.

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
It's what keeps us young

BTW , my trees come from a source that has been messing with these things for decades and I'm lookin to him to help on this thing. First I need to get rid of useless branches like twigs with big grape bunches of foilage . Then I need to get rid of anything growing downward. Sounds pretty standard to me. I'll take some more pics after. I've been pulling old bark off the dead wood and it comes off in ling strips so that should help the look a lot.

I also think the pots way too bin and too shallow but thats a matter of taste partially and needs to wait till March or April. I'm also gonna hold off any wire until late Oct or Nov unless told otherwise. Theres a chance that I might get to go to a workshop with Roy Nagatoshi this fall and as you know he's an expert on callies. Whatever he tells me should be good sound advice.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just come to GSBF this fall and we'll all have a big party... you can swing by and grab Harry, and it'll be one heck of a party. Not to mention it's just the coolest convention in the west. :D:D:D

Bring the tree... we'll all work on it. ;)

V

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
That sounds like heaven but......this fall belongs to my grandaughter. We're goin to Disneyland so all available funds are spoken for. Amnyway , I'm not sure GSBF is ready for Harry and me at the same time.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hahahaha... If GSBF can survive unscathed when I've decided to make it a habit... believe me... they'd survive you two. It's so big they wouldn't notice... it's like pebbles in a pond. :D

Though I may skip GSBF next year in favor of REBS... which is another very cool west coast show, and one I haven't been to. :)

At some point I would even like to hit Bay Island Bonsai's exhibition... and the display weekend is something of a must... I'd almost move to CA if it was as pretty as WA...lol nah... who am I kiddin'... too many people. lol

V

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
More pics. a) back b) right side ( I hope ) c) left side ( or maybe right....... )
BTW Vic why are you up so early ?

Attachments

• 003 a.jpg
    003 a.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 004 a.jpg
    004 a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 005 a.jpg
    005 a.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 49

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
More pics. a) back b) right side ( I hope ) c) left side ( or maybe right....... )
BTW Vic why are you up so early ?

Is it still alive ?????????????

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom