California Junipers....

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
A lot of knowedgeable people say California Junipers won't live outside of California with their own foliage. I can't say one way or the other, because I don't know, but here is an example of a California Juniper with grafted Itowaga foliage. I've owned the tree for two years and the first year it didn't do much, but this year it took off like I hoped it would. The first picture below shows when Marco worked on it in April and the others I took about 30 minutes ago. I bought this tree from Jim Gremel, apparently he knows how to graft.........

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC07841.JPG
    DSC07841.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00307.JPG
    DSC00307.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00306.JPG
    DSC00306.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

J W

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Great tree, I'll tell you Harry you cant walk five feet around his place with out tripping over a tree that he has graft's on... Jim's work is amazing but his personality needs some work... :rolleyes: I'll probally have to pay twice the fee for his next class after saying that.

JW

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Great tree, I'll tell you Harry you cant walk five feet around his place with out tripping over a tree that he has graft's on... Jim's work is amazing but his personality needs some work... :rolleyes: I'll probally have to pay twice the fee for his next class after saying that.

JW

I don't know him, but I'm sure you know he had a stroke, maybe it affected his personality. Seemed nice enough on the phone.

keep it green,
Harry

J W

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Harry,

I was just playing, I'm lucky enough to go to his monthly classes and I get to see the tree's he works on at his house and his private collection. I was just talking to him Tuesday night and he is a very respectable and a giving person. I have taking my 10 year old son into his class and Jim is one of his favorite in the business. He is a great teacher and instructor and we both look forward to the time we can learn from him.

JW

Top Bottom