California Live Oaktastic!

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
The forecast is predicting nothing but warmer days so I decided to work my Oak a little bit. Root trimmed, new soil, and finished up the wiring today. I can't believe that I only spent $500 on this tree last year! Best deal I've gotten so far:)

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks! You're going to have to come by and see it in person now, I think I got every branch just about perfect:)
You should just come drop it off at my house and take your pick of any one of my trees;)

Aaron

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of this tree the day I got it last April. Personally I think this tree favors the New Mexico climate because it's come quite a ways from that first day:)

RileyJFDB13

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Saw your post on Instagram! Haha hope to get my oak that full one day. I have tons of buds on it right now so its just gonna get fuller and fuller!

Pot is a little deep but itll do for now!IMG_2404.JPGIMG_2890.JPG

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
What species of Oak please? What is your location/climate zone;)?

It's a California Live Black Oak which is a hybrid Oak originating in northern California and reaching into parts of Oregon. I'm in Albuquerque NM which is zone 7. This tree loves my climate but does have to be shaded during the hotter times of the day in summer.

Top Bottom