Callistemon LG 2

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thought I'd share this guy with you all.

Back in December I came across this at my go to Bonsai merchant and snapped it up. I have only ever seen two proper Callistemon for sale here and, well I have both of them. lol

Anyway this was the tree back in April with a few flowers on it, no work had been done by me at this stage.
IMG_7380.,.JPG

You can kind of tell it looks like it was an air layer and was used as maybe a practice or demo tree, parts of the trunk look to have been carved then blow torched.
I don't mind the idea but clearly I will need to fix up that area somewhat, not really sure where to begin but I have a Dremel and know just enough to be dangerous.

So back in June it was repot time, and as you can see it badly needed it.
IMG_7536s.jpg

Fortunately I just had a delivery from Australia with some new shoes for it which should keep it happy for a while.
This is the tree today, even a little bit of colour there as the second flush of flowers are coming in. Might even get a third if I'm lucky.
IMG_9417fs.jpg

Trunk area
IMG_9420s.jpg

Tiny flowers
IMG_9421fs.jpg

Never mind the LG 2 part, it's just my file code.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've posted a fresher pic of this elsewhere, maybe the tree thread? Have decided to cut most of the growth off and start again to see if I can get my head around it. It'll get a thread in time. LG 1.

I think I remember seeing it. Was it a different older pic? Looked like a turd them, but like a little more promising of a turd now!

Sorce

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I think I remember seeing it. Was it a different older pic? Looked like a turd them, but like a little more promising of a turd now!

Sorce

No that's the original pic, the other one was after I cut it back. Didn't like it like that so cut it back again. So now it's basically a twisty stump with a few shoots.

Top Bottom