Camellia transplant and cuttings

sfeagan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have two camellias that I'm going to be moving to a different location in my Mother-in-law's yard and they both have some pretty long shoots that need to be pruned. Are these easy to start as cuttings and when is the best time to make the cuttings?

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
They are very easy to root, I haven really rooted any on purpose, I just stuck the cuttings from my bonsai in a pot under the bench. Usually about 80% root. I would say spring is best, that is when I do my first pruning.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have two camellias that I'm going to be moving to a different location in my Mother-in-law's yard and they both have some pretty long shoots that need to be pruned. Are these easy to start as cuttings and when is the best time to make the cuttings?
Woah woah woah! Seneca? We're 15 minutes apart.

As for camellias, I've got several tagged for airlayering this spring. I've never tried cuttings for them.

sfeagan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Woah woah woah! Seneca? We're 15 minutes apart.

As for camellias, I've got several tagged for airlayering this spring. I've never tried cuttings for them.
That's awesome! Where are you located?

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
They are very easy to root, I haven really rooted any on purpose, I just stuck the cuttings from my bonsai in a pot under the bench. Usually about 80% root. I would say spring is best, that is when I do my first pruning.

Top Bottom