Campeche

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yea, just looked it up. I want one! Can get the leaves down to under a 1/2 inch.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got three of these off eBay that had been punned back for some time and are quite woody. They throw out new leaves all over the place and back bud readily. I am trying some cuttings but don't know about them yet. With a little luck I will have several in the spring.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I think Florida is just too hot and they have too much drainage to the point that the soil isn't saturating the way I'd like it to.
I see.
They do dry out faster....no doubt.

Do you use a watering system like drippers or sprayers?....or manual watering?

I try to really flood my stuff out with manual watering....but I do rely on a timer and sprinklers during the hottest part of the year.

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I see.
They do dry out faster....no doubt.

Do you use a watering system like drippers or sprayers?....or manual watering?

I try to really flood my stuff out with manual watering....but I do rely on a timer and sprinklers during the hottest part of the year.

I have slowly been trying to convert to a watering system. They were definitely fine when I was consistently watering with the hose but I am trying to be able to resume basic things like going on vacation without trying to rely on anybody. I have 60ish trees and a thorough system set up at this point but it was just not penetrating with the pond baskets.

And on top of it, when I was hose watering, I didn't notice a significant benefit with the baskets. I never said "oh that thing is really growing. Seems plastic bonsai pots do just is well here in the heat and keep the moisture for me.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As mentioned further back in this post, my cuttings rooted. I have about a dozen cuttings that rooted last winter. Earlier cuttings failed but I think I have it figured out now.

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
As mentioned further back in this post, my cuttings rooted. I have about a dozen cuttings that rooted last winter. Earlier cuttings failed but I think I have it figured out now.
Niceee good to hear. This guy got cooked last year, but bounced back really well.

Top Bottom