Can anyone read the signature on this painting?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I know we are usually asking about reading chops on a nice Japanese pot, but my mom recently gave me this picture that was hanging in her old house for years. Her uncle brought it back from Japan somewhere between 1942-1945 along with some dolls, kimonos, lacquer boxes, and a mistress. Always been curious what the writing says. Sorry for the bad pics i was having issue with reflecting light from the windows.IMG_20190513_170020.jpgIMG_20190513_165942.jpg

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Cheap Walmart...I think you got your years wrong....1942-1945 were War years in Japan and very little travel from Japan to the USA unless some sort of Embassy Official or such...??? or you have a very interesting story there...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Cheap Walmart...I think you got your years wrong....1942-1945 were War years in Japan and very little travel from Japan to the USA unless some sort of Embassy Official or such...??? or you have a very interesting story there...

Got some more info, evidently he was in the service and was part of occupying us military after Japan's surrender.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Got some more info, evidently he was in the service and was part of occupying us military after Japan's surrender.

Yes that would make a lot more sense... Our troops brought back tons of souviners and a few Brides.....thanks for clarifying & sharing...

Top Bottom