Culper Woodhull

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I was looking through my garden trying to get a mental image of what's going away for good because of the winter and what mother nature will let me keep come spring. I noticed my bushes and realized I haven't a clue as to what they were. I was looking at the leaves trying to ID it and noticed the network of branches and a good looking "bonsai-like" trunk. Could I cut away the other parts of the bush and just keep the desired trunk and start training it as a bonsai until the trunk reaches the desired height and girth? Should I prune it during the process of growing it?
Also, I still cannot ID the shrub....does anyone have a clue? Things I've found similar are Japanese Euonymus Accent Shrub and Heller's Japanese Holly? I've just moved into a new home this September and the landscaping was already done. I live in central KY if this helps and the house is a year old....I'd imagine this would be the same day it was planted....though how long its been in a stores greenhouse/ garden before that I've no clue. Any advice would help...thx!20161024_145450.jpg 20161024_145303.jpg

Attachments

• 20161024_145322.jpg
    20161024_145322.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20161024_145327.jpg
    20161024_145327.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20161024_145432.jpg
    20161024_145432.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 13

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I second the boxwood vote, looks like Buxus Sempervirens, probably straight American but could be a sempervirens cultivar. Boxwood make good bonsai, work the top while it's in the ground, then pot it up when you're ready to ramify.

Culper Woodhull

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Is that your real name @Culper Woodhull ....?

So when you play tag....

You can become Culperit?

That is cool!

Nice Box!

Sorce
My father is a history nut. Oddly enough his favorite subject is Ancient Greek History, I'm suprised he didn't name me Socrates, Leonidas or after one of the Gods....but with our last name he couldnt resist Culper. For the past year or more everyone has been asking me that. Regarding the game of tag, yes...I would become culperit, nice pun?
Now, is Sorce your real name? Also, if you played tag would you become Sorceit or would you just be able to tell me about solar radiation?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

A Google search of Sorceit shows...

SpankTube
Manspank

And various other things, but nothing about solar radiation.

Wait....
It is if I Do Not become Sorceit, but the act of playing tag together alone, that would allow me wisdom of solar radiation....

Hmmmmmm....

Is it Freeze tag?

Mike is my real name.
But my children, Siggy O, and her family call me Sorce.
I don't answer to Mike.

Sorce

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
My father is a history nut. ... I'm suprised he didn't name me Socrates, Leonidas or after one of the Gods
I had an Uncle, gone from this earth for decades, now, named Leonidas Euclid Irby. No wonder he was known as "Ty" and was a boxer as he worked his way through vet school.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had an Uncle, gone from this earth for decades, now, named Leonidas Euclid Irby. No wonder he was known as "Ty" and was a boxer as he worked his way through vet school.

Leonidas is one of the greatest most honorable names outside of Gods Word:cool:.

Culper Woodhull

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's awesome. I was invited by WWP to make one, never got the time so I just bought a nice set up at Cabela's. If he makes some flies I'm game. Running low on nymphs, out of copper john, pheasant tail, zebra midge and wooly buggers. So basically everything for trout. Does he have a web page?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
A Google search of Sorceit shows...

SpankTube
Manspank

And various other things, but nothing about solar radiation.

Wait....
It is if I Do Not become Sorceit, but the act of playing tag together alone, that would allow me wisdom of solar radiation....

Hmmmmmm....

Is it Freeze tag?

Mike is my real name.
But my children, Siggy O, and her family call me Sorce.
I don't answer to Mike.

Sorce
What the heck? You're a Mike too! Too many Mike's here! And everywhere I've ever been.

Top Bottom