Can I see your grow out boxes?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What is the best way to water trees in grow boxes? Do most people just water by hand or does anyone have an automatic system? I know some drip systems have sprayers available, might those work? I am not sure the regular drip heads would work since they are localized to a small area and are ment for deep watering.
Thanks
I hand water unless i am away. Then i use spray picks on low pressure irrigation system. I prefer the 160 degree 3gph pick. Metafim has a new style that has a more downward direction 160 degree wide spray. Yellow in color. The old style is black.

Timbo

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Anderson flats are pretty good! They’re UV-stable and built strong enough to last for at least a few dozen years.

If you ever feel like splurging, I grant you permission :p
Yeah it's just paying $45 for shipping $50 of product seems a bit excessive. :mad:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Here are the training planters that I designed back in the late 80's early 90's. I went so far to receive a patent on the item. I sold them for a number of years until the idea was ripped off and I did not have the resources to defend the patent.
PLANTERS2jpg copyenlarge_edited-1.jpg

Benny w

Yamadori
Reaction score
It came from a bog with highly acidic water. This causes nitrogen uptake to be inhibited, and the plant forms incomplete chlorophyll. In time the brown fades back to green. One interesting thing though is that the underside of each frond is a perfect green and all of the ones I collected at the time have the observations (except they have already changed to being all green). Like I said, this one has been slower to recover, but some areas put on a fair amount of new growth.

If anyone can take a stab at why the underside remains green, I would be fascinated to hear some hypotheses and have not been able to come up with any yet.
This is a guess but it maybe because that the underside of the fronds are in the shade. You stated that nitrogen was inhibited because the plant came from a bog with highly acidic water. When nitrogen was reintroduced the plant needed to be in the shade all day because the fronds were fried and while the plant was playing catchup in Nitrogen the undersides of the leaves were in the shade making it the easiest part to show signs of optimum health. The topside will be there soon. That's my guess

Top Bottom