Can I turn my pine into a proper bonsai?

ysrgrathe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
This tree seems crazy weak. There is no need for pinching or decandling when growing out, perhaps you've been overdoing that?

CatalanNewbie

Seedling
Reaction score
This is irrelevant to the original post and I do apologize for the distraction, but I would really desire to wish you the best of luck with all the serious problems arisen recently in your country.
Thank you very much. We are getting more and more scared of the paramilitar forces coming to Catalonia, but we will still try to vote. I hope that violence won't arise.

CatalanNewbie

Seedling
Reaction score
This tree seems crazy weak. There is no need for pinching or decandling when growing out, perhaps you've been overdoing that?
I've been doing it during the last years to force back budding, but as I already explained, many times the new buds were drying after some time, hence the appearance they have now. I think that the reason might be that the trees suffered a bit of thirst.... I have them in the balcony, facing south, and usually a bit windy, so the combination of everything may be the reason they don't have a lot of foliage.

Top Bottom