Can I use Bio-Gold for both indoor and outdoor plants?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Fertilizer baskets are a personal choice. BioGold is shaped as a triangle and won't wash off it stays in place. Some use baskets to keep it from breaking down in their substrate some don't. You can use BioGold on any tree. Many swear by Bougain for Bougainvillea. But I use BioGold on most my trees. Not on my tigerbark...Adam Lavigne asked me not to. He doesn't like the organic Fertilizer...because its basically poop on his trees. So I use dynamite Fertilizer he told me to get for it. Out of respect of his wishes. Its done well with it.

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Fertilizer baskets are a personal choice. BioGold is shaped as a triangle and won't wash off it stays in place. Some use baskets to keep it from breaking down in their substrate some don't. You can use BioGold on any tree. Many swear by Bougain for Bougainvillea. But I use BioGold on most my trees. Not on my tigerbark...Adam Lavigne asked me not to. He doesn't like the organic Fertilizer...because its basically poop on his trees. So I use dynamite Fertilizer he told me to get for it. Out of respect of his wishes. Its done well with it.
This one is advertised for indoor. Not sure what's the difference maybe odor?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This one is advertised for indoor. Not sure what's the difference maybe odor?

Honestly...I don't notice a horrible stench from my BioGold. It has a slight scent. But nothing horrid. I've not heard of this brand. Now you want to smell something horrid. Fish emulsion when its applied to outdoor trees. My dog goes around marking all the benches when that is given.

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Honestly...I don't notice a horrible stench from my BioGold. It has a slight scent. But nothing horrid. I've not heard of this brand. Now you want to smell something horrid. Fish emulsion when its applied to outdoor trees. My dog goes around marking all the benches when that is given.
yea fish emulation is bad. This is the organic fertilizer I use. I use a lot of liquid chemical fertilizers.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I alternately use kelp, fish emulsion and fulvic inside my grow tent. It smells a bit like the reptile exhibits at the zoo on a hot and humid day after I fertilize. Also, the fish always brings the cats running! :D

I stopped using solid granular organics in the tent after noticing they attracted mold and flies.

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
When do you start heavily fertilizing tropicals? Late spring?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I use BioGold & Dyna-gro bonsai pro on my tropicals with excellent results. I used to just use the Dyna-gro (liquid) but adding the BioGold seemed to really help them look and grow more vibrant. A big plus is it doesn’t smell at all so you’re fine indoors.

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use BioGold & Dyna-gro bonsai pro on my tropicals with excellent results. I used to just use the Dyna-gro (liquid) but adding the BioGold seemed to really help them look and grow more vibrant. A big plus is it doesn’t smell at all so you’re fine indoors.
Do you use it in winter too or just the growing season?

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can't say I heavy fertilize. I do a regiment. To much and you get to much growth with long internodes.
How many pellets do you use in like 8 by 10 pot? According to the package instructions it’ll be anywhere from 40 to 50. That sounds high.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
How many pellets do you use in like 8 by 10 pot? According to the package instructions it’ll be anywhere from 40 to 50. That sounds high.
Depends on the pot...and the tree. I will scatter a small handful or two on a larger pot say 11 1/2 inches. I did the tea bags awhile. My husband hated the look. Smaller pots far less.

Top Bottom