Can it be salvaged?

ScottNYC

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello,
I Have a Korean hornbeam, I suspect the roots have dried out, was neglected over the winter, not watered regularly. I repotted the tree and am seeing some spring growth, some leaves have budded sporadically through-out the tree. Does that mean the tree is still alive or able to be revived? Any info would be appreciated, Thx

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you see leaves sprouting, yes, it is alive.

Also if you have fat green budds it is a sign of live.

My Korean hornbeam has just started opening budds a few days ago. Here it has been a long cold spring, with many trees slow.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
General rule is dead trees do not grow. As long as life prevails tree can be salvaged.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sink the pot in sunny spot and don't let it suffer from drought anymore. Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.

<<<<< It will show here.

ScottNYC

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone

My Korean hornbeam has just started opening budds a few days ago. Here it has been a long cold spring, with many trees slow.
ok thx

ScottNYC

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sink the pot in sunny spot and don't let it suffer from drought anymore. Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.

<<<<< It will show here.
ok thx. edited location info. other then sunny spot, is there anything else that would facilitate its recovery? I repotted it early spring before it budded, switched from organic soil to aka,pum,lava. what about placing it in sphagnum moss? from what i understand, that would help improve roots

Last edited:

ScottNYC

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone

thx for info

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
ok thx. edited location info. other then sunny spot, is there anything else that would facilitate its recovery? I repotted it early spring before it budded, switched from organic soil to aka,pum,lava. what about placing it in sphagnum moss? from what i understand, that would help improve roots
Don't mess with it anymore, feed it every other week with label strength any commercial liquid.

Top Bottom