Seed
Reaction score
I’m spraying it everyday but I wonder if it’s already dead.image.jpgimage.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's not your fault...They come with tags saying they are indoor trees. I've personally not seen anyone keep one strong and healthy indoors. But, Don't let that be discouraging. Let this just be a stepping stone into one amazing hobby! Now, let's do some research as to what trees you are comfortable tending...with what you are able to provide for care.

This was kept inside...So assuming you may not have an outdoor space? If that the case...then, you need to look into tropcial trees. Anything for cold hardy zones need a dormancy period. You could benefit from filling out your profile information so ones could better assist you in the future as well.

But...this tree, as you surely guessed by now. Isn't going to green up. It's gone. But...Most times unless you buy a juniper which is pushing new growth. You could easily purchase a dead tree and not know it. They hold their green for a very long time...before turning this shade you now see.

Look into ficus...They can be kept indoors. If you have no access to an outside patio. Then look into styles...you don't have to have trees that look alike. There are Banyan, sumo, neagari and others that can be one species...allowing different looks with the same species. Keep that in mind too. But if you have a patio or outdoors space...the world can open up to more possiblities. Welcome...and don't be discouraged...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Where IS that boat?

Sorce

Schmikah

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’m spraying it everyday but I wonder if it’s already dead.View attachment 309288View attachment 309290

It looks like it has given up the ghost. From what I can see, it is a juniper. I know it's already been said but junipers are definitely outdoor trees.

Don't feel bad. We've all sent our green friends to early graves. It is part of the journey.

Just make sure you ask more questions and do more googling before your next purchase.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How about some Beach Boys?

Brown brown git it brown he git it brown.
Git it brown, Brown Brown he git it brown..
He got it brown.
Brown brown Brown. He got it brown .....

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
She's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead!

Burn it!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Many a career in bonsai started with this kind of material. The problem is that the OP does not lose interest in bonsai or developes a disdane for the people he/she may be looking to for advise.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You hear from him yet?
No cell service there. He emailed me to say he got there safe, and once to say everything is still fine. Big talker, like his dad. 😏

Top Bottom