Can someone help me figure this out?

CoreSeverin

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi, Everyone!
I am a longtime lurker, so I don't post very often. Sorry if I am being rude for just putting this out here out of nowhere, but here we go.
This is one of my ERC that I got last spring, it did really well over the summer with lots of new growth. I thought it did well over the winter too, but I must have been wrong about that because there has been no new growth at all. it has lots of browning tips and the needles have a dark tinge to them, they nearly look purple. I know a lot of people do not care for these species, and I wont argue with that. This is one of my early trees, and I got it just to have something to learn to keep alive. I have another ERC and it seems to be a brighter green, but also no new growth. what am I doing wrong here? my initial thoughts are that I am either overwatering, or maybe not letting them get enough sun. they have been kept in a pretty shaded spot for half the winter and all through spring up until this week. ERC.jpg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Full sun. Water every day it doesn't rain. Otherwise leave them alone to recover.

CoreSeverin

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks for your reply! do you think that the shade could be the main cause of the issue here?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Could be the wetter looking black pot.

Depending on how many roots went in there and how, it may never have been able to establish in that pot.

Sorce

Top Bottom