Can someone help me identify this plant from maine sidewalk

SlowMovingWaters

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I found this plant growing in a crack in the sidewalk which was getting weedwacked. So I decided to save it. The only thing is I don't know what it is.

Kinda looks like rosemary but I don't think it is. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_0484.JPG
    100_0484.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_0485.JPG
    100_0485.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 65

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Flowers are the best way to key out a plant, so as soon as those flower buds open you will know. There's an app called inaturalist that has an AI algorithm that is very good at IDing species at least to the genus level, give it a shot when they open. It is not rosemary though from the looks.

SlowMovingWaters

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Flowers are the best way to key out a plant, so as soon as those flower buds open you will know. There's an app called inaturalist that has an AI algorithm that is very good at IDing species at least to the genus level, give it a shot when they open. It is not rosemary though from the looks.

Thanks so much for the reply. It looks like the flowers will open any day now. I'll try to find that app on the android store.

Edit: Found the app

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks so much for the reply. It looks like the flowers will open any day now. I'll try to find that app on the android store.

Edit: Found the app
Great, I love inat. You can use it for flora or fauna as well. Once others come along and confirm or change your ID it can also be moved into research grade data, pretty cool.

SlowMovingWaters

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
looks like a Liatris of some sort
I threw it away because it had yellow flowers and was some type of weed rather than a tree. However, I did rescue a maple seedling from the weedwacker today. It wont stay inside under lights but rather go outside after a little recovery.
100_0487.JPG

Top Bottom