Can we please have Today's Post link back ???

Reaction score
Can we please have Today's Post link back in the Main Tool Bar menu.
Sometimes if there are a lot of posts since the last time logged in, I find
I don't always get to go through them all at one time, and the next time
I log in all the one's I didn't get to view are gone, and because I didn't
get to view them, I of course would not know where to find them when
I look in the forum section, which is the only way I would then be able
to possibly view these post, which are spread over 20 or 30 thread categories...
Which would now have to be opened one by one to see if anything is there
that I have not seen, that was posted that day...

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I second this request! That was the link I used more than anything else. I end up missing things all the time now; or having to go searching through each individual thread.

The other alternative would be to make the "New Posts" tab keep the whole days posts every time you use it that day... pretty much exactly like the "Todays Posts" link worked.

Please... :)

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bitch much ??? :D

Yea it would be nice to have that back, not that I am bitchin' or nuthin.

ed

daygan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In the meantime, while you're waiting for this to change on the site, you can drag this link: Today's Posts to your bookmarks bar. Then, every time you want today's posts, just click it.

Last edited:

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
What's wrong with the "What's New" button?

daygan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Well, as sawgrass has noted, it can be inaccurate when used successively. If you click the what's new button a few times in a short period of time, after a certain number of clicks, it will return a result of zero unread posts, even if you have not read all of the posts that were in the original results. After that, it is, of course, more difficult to find posts that you have likely not yet read.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

There are pros and cons of each method.

"Today's Posts" used to only show posts from the last 24 hours, so if it had been two or three days since you had last visited, you missed a lot of new content.

"What's New" is based on your last visit (because it is based on your cookies, which are overwritten each time you visit the site). If, as sawgrass mentions, you visit the site, read half the new posts, and then leave the site and return later, the site will assume "what's new" is based on your last visit and will not show as much content.

Unfortunately What's New can only be used for one visit. Today's Post can be generated repeatedly at any time - just by clicking the "advanced search" button, and choosing "yesterday and earlier" as the search criteria - though it IS four button clicks instead of one :)

Reaction score
Was not trying to bitch, I just feel that if someone took
The time to post up something, it would be a shame for it
To be lost in the shuffle and receive no recognition because
It wasn't seen.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
it would be a shame for it to be lost in the shuffle and receive no recognition because it wasn't seen.

Agreed. However there are a number of ways to do this. To me, it is much more critical to use the What's New tab - because it allows me to quickly view ALL posts since my last visit. It is the simplest way for me to quickly screen the site for spam, for example.

Today's posts can be replicated easily several ways - either by doing a search, or by doing a search and bookmarking the search, or by bookmarking the "getdaily" function as daygan suggested.

Play around with it and I'm sure you'll find it works well once you get used to it.

daygan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Edit: woops - sorry, I just noticed Bonsai Nut mentioned my suggestion. sorry to be repetitive.

(Pre-edit post was: "And you can still bookmark the link: Today's Posts. It's exactly what you want, just not on the site. In a way, it's more accessible because you always have it as an easily clickable bookmark in your browser.")

Last edited:
Top Bottom