Cannabis Bonsai

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The following image is hotlinked from AoB's Halloween Gallery.

halloween_2007_ulf_Cannabis_sativa.jpg

Cannabis_sativa 'Blueberry' Bonsai by Ulf (Germany)

I guess you can always smoke your mistakes. ;)

Will

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Albeit Holland has relaxed laws, I don't know of any country where cultivation is permitted.

wi bonsai

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Actually I know Spain allows people to grow it for personal use. It has helped with cutting down the drug trafficking coming in from Morocco.

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My grandmother in Transylvania grows her own hemp, for clothing. I remember, as a child, working at the hemp pit, soaking large bundles of hemp in water (one of the first phase in processing hemp stalk into fibre). I still remember the fermented smell, kind of liked it.

This is the non-potent variety, so you can't smoke it. But it looks exactly the same, so I am not sure how people can tell the two apart, when growing it on the fields.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Regardless of the controlled substance controversy... I have to admit that is a pretty plant. I love the different shades of color.

Hans van Meer

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.....woohaaaahaha...hihihiiii!!!!!!!

This is really, REALY funny!! I think it is absolutely a brilliant idea!!! We had joked about it in the past to do something like this and then bring it in a show like the ginkgo or something, and than just look at there reaction and fases! But I never would expect to ever see one as good as this! I love It!
And you are aloud to grow 5 plants in Holland for personal use. Because of this tolerance "low", you will find Holland very low on the list of countries with soft or hard drugs related problems. Like addiction or related crimes! We don't have much yamadori over here, but I love this place!
This "HURB'S" bonsai is so cool! I cant get over it, so funny!
Thanks for that laugh,
Hans van Meer.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Nice but is there no way to get some movement in the trunk? Nebari seems good. Brings new meaning to the term pinching new growth huh?

Hans van Meer

Yamadori
Reaction score
Nice but is there no way to get some movement in the trunk? Nebari seems good. Brings new meaning to the term pinching new growth huh?

It should be posible with wire, although it is going to be a sticky job! LOL!
Hans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
I've heard that when it comes to cutting down, this is one of the harder trees to work with he...he...he :eek:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, the more you pinch, the better it looks. ;)

This is a great result from such material, credit must go to Ulf for imagination and design, it really isn't a bad bonsai, considering it was made with weed.

Will

robert1955

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How funny. When my son was in Amsterdam he said he saw a place that was selling pot bonsai kits. He almost sent me one. :(

Bob

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
I had trouble finding out how long they live for.
No one seems to leave them in the ground enough to find out .
I have always wanted to do one of these as well

onlyrey

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Isn't that a herb?

How long can that plant live? Long enough to make a bonsai out of it?

Top Bottom