Cannot connect with iPhone

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My iPhone has stopped recognizing the Bonsai Nut URL, either from bookmarks, or entered manually. How do I fix it?

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My iPhone has stopped recognizing the Bonsai Nut URL, either from bookmarks, or entered manually. How do I fix it?
What message do you get when you try to access the site? have you tried it on WiFi vs cellular data? Have you tried clearing the cache (cookies, internet files, history) on your phone and checked afterwards?

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
What message do you get when you try to access the site? have you tried it on WiFi vs cellular data? Have you tried clearing the cache (cookies, internet files, history) on your phone and checked afterwards?
It says something like "cannot connect with server." Before I cleared the cache, etc. it was sometimes re-directing to other websites, e.g. Bonsai Mirai. Any ideas, @bonsainut?

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It says something like "cannot connect with server." Before I cleared the cache, etc. it was sometimes re-directing to other websites, e.g. Bonsai Mirai. Any ideas, @bonsainut?

So, did clearing the cache help/correct the issue? It sounds like your phone might have either been caching pages incorrectly, or its DNS information was incorrect and redirecting you to the wrong site and needed to be cleared.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Oh, oh... There's also a message today from "justwingit" about his pbs uploading pics, and I have a very long delay between posting and the reply being displayed. Database corrupted in some way?...

More work for BNut to check this: it he lived closer, I'd gladly send him smthg like the local pear liquor with the pear in the bottle, or if he's T-Total, a box of chocolates.

Another occasion to thank him for his awesome work for the community. ;)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Oh, oh... There's also a message today from "justwingit" about his pbs uploading pics, and I have a very long delay between posting and the reply being displayed. Database corrupted in some way?...

More work for BNut to check this: it he lived closer, I'd gladly send him smthg like the local pear liquor with the pear in the bottle, or if he's T-Total, a box of chocolates.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So, did clearing the cache help/correct the issue? It sounds like your phone might have either been caching pages incorrectly, or its DNS information was incorrect and redirecting you to the wrong site and needed to be cleared.
No, it still won’t connect. I switched off my VPN and that didn’t help. We had an issue like this once before and Greg told us we had to re-enter an https address in place of an http address, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue now.

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No, it still won’t connect. I switched off my VPN and that didn’t help. We had an issue like this once before and Greg told us we had to re-enter an https address in place of an http address, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue now.

Hmm... And with your VPN off, does it not work on both WiFi and cellular data?

Top Bottom