Can't catch a break

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Well after the two major hurricanes and the deep freeze, I gathered the remnant of my bonsai trees and moved to a new house out of the flood zone. Last Monday we got almost 13" of rain in 4 hours. The drainage ditches and canals, still full of hurricanes debris, could not handle the storm water and we had extreme flash flood. A lot of the bonsai trees were subsequently bare rooted by the flood. Sigh!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Oh geesh! Can't catch a break at all. You and your family are safe yes? Shame to hear about your trees. 😔
We are ok. 2 inches from having our new house flooded. Mind you our house is out of the flood zone and lots of people don’t have flood insurance.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
This is great!

I’m terribly sorry to hear about the rest.

It’ll be tough, but you got this!

🤓
My concern is mostly for others in my town that are truly struggling. We can only open our house to some who lost their houses. There are so many more that need help.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
My concern is mostly for others in my town that are truly struggling. We can only open our house to some who lost their houses. There are so many more that need help.
That is truly terrible. Have the correct public aide organizations shown up and whatnot?

There are a lot of local “emergency housing” groups, at least around here... providing room and board at nearby establishments. Are you aware of anything like that in your area.

Who is doing volunteer clean-up/sanitation stuff? The local government most likely has ALL public hands on deck.

Those “put you up when your put out” organizations are privately funded... so it’s basically, “someone with money helping out someone in need.” I would give some money for your area’s situation if money was anything that I had to give.

Who would I talk to about coming down there with some enormous lumber-jack types... who drink beer and shoot guns.. ALL DAY.... these boys love to get dirty, help out and LIFT things. They’ll get stuff done.
(Not kidding)
🤓

Top Bottom