Cant help but collect at work lol

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I do tree work so Im always in nature,i keep my eyes on the ground(when its safe/majority of time my eyes need to be in the sky if I'm on groundwork or down to the ground below if I'm in a tree)..anyway thats irrelevant...these little ted cedars were at the foot of a big maple we had to take down so I pulled them and wrapped with moss..always have a little tin foil in my work bag just in case lol

These arent special subjects as they are dime a dozen on any walk you could take anywhere even in peoples yard about grass height..but I have a few at the house in little pots just waiting for when i assemble a nice little forest scene..i wanna make like a little mountain and have them on the different levels just for fun..mainly just wanted to show how 'cute ' they look bundled up in a cupholder ahahahah

And also we do so much removal i cant help but want to conserve

Attachments

• 20201021_121716_HDR.jpg
    20201021_121716_HDR.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 20201021_131110.jpg
    20201021_131110.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 123

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Trade you jobs? I'm getting sick of sitting at a computer all day.
Haha lots luggin 200lb +logs and stacking head height in a dump truck too but hey say goodbye to the gym its like a rocky workout everyday! Hahaha its beating me down tho i have a Bachelors I dont know why im doing it still

stoverock

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I can definitely see an interesting forest planting with these! I work on a farm/vineyard and I’m always salvaging little scraggly trees.

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Am I the only one who sees @HoneyHornet and think it says "HornyHonet"? And I have no idea what a honet would be. I only really see (miss-see) the first part of the word.
Lol maybe horny honey even..but thats just nastyy hahaha
Hornet Honey sounds better but I had a band project named honey hornet so for nostalgia sake I cant resist

Slippery Pete

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Haha lots luggin 200lb +logs and stacking head height in a dump truck too but hey say goodbye to the gym its like a rocky workout everyday! Hahaha its beating me down tho i have a Bachelors I dont know why im doing it still
Bachelor's degrees don't buy happiness; find a balance where you can get paid to do something you enjoy doing. If that's logging, then do it to it my man! I have a master's degree and a hell of a lot of student debt, yet I am happier and more optimistic about my future than ever before despite having started at the bottom of the plumbing trade ~15 month ago (Purely anecdotal, personal opinion). To each his own - but don't be fooled into thinking that an expensive piece of parchment is the barrier to entry into a successful, happy life.

Anyway, that's a gorgeous little tree you plucked up. I hope it survives the stressful journey to its new home... Keep us posted, will ya? Cheers

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bachelor's degrees don't buy happiness; find a balance where you can get paid to do something you enjoy doing. If that's logging, then do it to it my man! I have a master's degree and a hell of a lot of student debt, yet I am happier and more optimistic about my future than ever before despite having started at the bottom of the plumbing trade ~15 month ago (Purely anecdotal, personal opinion). To each his own - but don't be fooled into thinking that an expensive piece of parchment is the barrier to entry into a successful, happy life.

Anyway, that's a gorgeous little tree you plucked up. I hope it survives the stressful journey to its new home... Keep us posted, will ya? Cheers
Thank you for the insight and motivational words hahaha I'm actually also a barber as well I've been cutting for years but unlicensed so I'm currently in school now to go legit

And trade work can be incredibly rewarding finally getting to do things with your hands good luck in that Pursuit

And yes I will keep posted of my bushel of little red Cedars I actually just went on a walk-in some free time I came up with and extracted about 10 more of the same little red Cedars that have a nice bushy top and relatively thick trunk just from being mowed at grass height for years

I actually meds a little five tree Grove but was waiting to post it until I did some little cleanup work to elevate some of the trunks on the smaller ones just to get a more clear profile shot but here is where it is at right now

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Not all of the trees in this five tree Forest are necessarily from the cup holder picture but like I said I picked these little guys up whenever I come across them so I have the pieces of the puzzle sitting around 4 when I can make an arrangement

Bonsai potting is not something that should be rushed but when you have a very minimal time sometimes that's how it goes down and I put this together while I was in between being off of work early and then having to get to school so I couldn't also squeeze in my little refinements but the picture doesn't show very well what it looks like in person so I will go through and carefully open up a little bit of space

My favorite is that the landscape has a dedicated elevation change with the beefier nicer specimen at the top of the hill.. at the lowest point there are a cluster of three and then there is one about Midway up the hill offset to the side and then the main centerpiece or off centerpiece I should say at the top

Attachments

• 20201026_143958.jpg
    20201026_143958.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20201026_143952.jpg
    20201026_143952.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201026_143944.jpg
    20201026_143944.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20201026_143947.jpg
    20201026_143947.jpg