Carissa Holly

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hello, i dug up this holly last year when we sold our other house. It was one of a few plants i dug up and potted. Is it possible to prune this all the way down and start new branches so it doesnt look so much like a shrub? Its been in this large growing pot since last march. Any help would be great.

Brad

Attachments

• DSCN1919.jpg
    DSCN1919.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN1920.jpg
    DSCN1920.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN1921.jpg
    DSCN1921.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Ross

Shohin
Reaction score
Hello, i dug up this holly last year when we sold our other house. It was one of a few plants i dug up and potted. Is it possible to prune this all the way down and start new branches so it doesnt look so much like a shrub? Its been in this large growing pot since last march. Any help would be great.

Brad

If it is healthy you can cut it back pretty hard. I did it with one in early spring and it sprouted all over. The problem is the leaves are still really large.

Attachments

• holly.jpg
    holly.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 58
  • holly chopped.jpg
    holly chopped.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 56

FredBonsai

Seed
Reaction score
I'd chop that thing back. It will shoot new growth out all over. Sure the leaves are still large but you can defoliate in the future to work on smaller leaves

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd chop that thing back. It will shoot new growth out all over. Sure the leaves are still large but you can defoliate in the future to work on smaller leaves

There is NO hiding from Crazy in old threads!

Welcome to It!

Sorce

Top Bottom