Carnivorous plants?

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
I’ve been following this thread since last fall and decided to get a few as a surprise for my husband who likes growing unusually shaped succulents. Arrived today and this is the pic he texted me
DDE6068D-0600-4C5E-9BE9-B1025BF93F06.jpeg
These are from Flytrap King and I’m pretty impressed w the size and quality. About $50 worth. The pitchers only have one or two leaves but many more that were cut off indicating well established plants.

Wish us luck.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here's my meager contribution, just two fly traps; I'm just glad I got something going:

IMG_20190528_165044434.jpg
IMG_20190528_165059143.jpg

I used the old container again that had housed a sundew and flytrap a few years ago. It's an old hexangonal fish tank that I plasti-dipped black and then white to help combat heat and algae build up, with a strip undone to check the water level. Also I had previously made two lids for the tank out of plexi glass and a Dremel, one lid with various sized holes to keep humidity up and another with no holes to trap prey:eek::p

Did this a few weeks ago, the big one on the right is putting out a lot of new traps, the one on the left, only a couple.

My media is mostly rough cut peat and chopped up sphagnum moss with some perlite thrown in. I also used a drainage layer of horticultural charcoal.

This is actually the old substrate I used last time with just new perlite added. The container had been under cover so everything was nice and dry, I just had to sift through to separate the charcoal. I must have used sand and vermiculite at some point because there was some there too.

IMG_20190505_140733570.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom