Carob Bonsai

msgurkan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have many carob trees, some growing from seeds, some of them collected. Here the progress of my trees.

Carob001.jpgCarob002.jpgCarob003.jpgCarob004.jpgCarob005.jpg

Last edited:

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
very nice, there are not many people that can or want to make a carob bonsai. I have made some topics a while back showing no interest. Anyone i really like these and we have loads and loads of carob trees here, i wanted to ask you whether you have ever tried to do airlayering on a carob?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
See the 112th issue of Bonsai Focus published in 2007 for a decent article on Carob trees.

Will

Last edited:

msgurkan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Goztek, I know that it is not possible to propagate carob from cutting. So probably it is to difficult to make airlayering. I try one but can’t succeed, because tree was far from my house, period was long so I can’t give water continuously.

İt’s very easy to germinate from seeds. You can germinate to many. Pour hot water on the seeds keep them in water, second day pour hot water on them again. Keep seeds in cold water 1 or 2 more days, then ready to sow. Germination will be in 2 weeks.

msgurkan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
(Carob is not deciduous, but I can't find evergreens. Need to move?)

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I am very happy to see this! Carob is a species that I wondered about as they do well in the Southwest United States. Awesome!