Carolina Bonsai Expo 2018

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Kind of late with this but better late than never. Next weekend October 13-14 is the annual Carolina Bonsai Expo at the arboretum in Asheville. This is the 23rd year for this event which has become a major event in the southeast and mid-Atlantic area and the display is well worth the drive. Vendors will be on hand selling everything from pots and tools, to trees. Guest artists this year include Bjorn Bjornholm and Jim Doyle. Hope to see you there. Here is a link to the website Expo Website

Program Schedule
Saturday, October 13
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Bonsai Marketplace, Baker Exhibit Center
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Bonsai Exhibition, Education Center
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Ikebana Display presented by Asheville Chapter of Ikebana International, Education Center
11 a.m. – 12 noon – Free Ikebana Flower Arranging Demonstration, Education Center
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. – Main Event: “A New Styling for an Old Pine.” – SOLD OUT! Call 828-665-2492 to be added to waiting list
Sunday, October 14
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Bonsai Marketplace, Baker Exhibit Center
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Bonsai Exhibition, Education Center
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Ikebana Display presented by Asheville Chapter of Ikebana International, Education Center
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Free Tray Landscape Bonsai Program, Education Center
2:30 p.m. – Bonsai Auction, Baker Exhibit Center

Last edited:

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Went last year. Only show I've been to other than the local club show. Had a great time.... I'll be there Saturday morning!

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last year was my first time, I just started to get into bonsai and I’m glad I went. This year I hope to buy a good tree, but if not I will definitely enjoy the show. I will be there Saturday morning as well, last year I met some good people and hopefully more this year.

Top Bottom