Carpinus B

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi mate, well the angle was slightly changed because there was a large dead root, that was too high for the new positioning. there were some powerful roots below so i used those in comparison to the earlier images you see. the dead root was made into a small uro which sort of blends with the larger hollow

after taking out the nursery container and slicing the root mass with a large saw, this was all done at the end of dec
20181224_113657 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr

after cutting around the edges with scissors and a secatuer for the thicker roots
20181224_113642 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr
20181224_120444 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr
20181224_120452 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr

20181224_120709 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr

this tap root had to be further reduced with makita/terrier just to shave it down to fit in a shallower pot. the pot is too wide for the tree, but it will do to develop the crown further

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Really nice and shallow rootball, already. Looks good.
But would you put it in a very shallow pot? It’s a short powerful tree, wide, everything about it is wide spreading authority/power like. I don’t think it would suit a very shallow pot? Perhaps 3” deep pot?
Difficult to see from pics and make measurements though, I’m just thinking abstract.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Really nice and shallow rootball, already. Looks good.
But would you put it in a very shallow pot? It’s a short powerful tree, wide, everything about it is wide spreading authority/power like. I don’t think it would suit a very shallow pot? Perhaps 3” deep pot?
Difficult to see from pics and make measurements though, I’m just thinking abstract.

just a training pot for now.
eventually will go in something with less width and a little less depth.

Top Bottom