Carpinus in a pure fairy tale style...a small one

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I must say that is one of my new favorite trees, I definitely have a thing for the fairy tale styled trees.
Please share more pics when in leaf!!!
Thanks for sharing,

Sandevbonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks...I will.
Well...regarding your liking of the fairy tale style...it is no surprise to me. That is a kind od liberation in bonsai after all.
Bonsai people are...or at least should be...highly imaginative people...otherwise wouldn t be doing what they are doing..a small trees that resembles a real 'grown up' tree...or a whole forest. That is imagination in its purest.
But...we all have our worlds of imagination...maybe from childhood from nature...stories...books...travels...well, fairy tales
And we all strive and search in life that beutiful place of our imaginative secret hidden world...
In those stories (are those just stories?) ....trees are not just 'a tree' as people widely take them...they are living entities...like Ents...that could easily be from the word entity...
They rule and master the forest...and they are ancient there...and they feel and move also (scientific fact not a fiction)
So...you see...real world is not far from a tales of imagination...everything is intermingled...
You just have to let yourself to be free.
:)
I am happy that you like it.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks...I will.
Well...regarding your liking of the fairy tale style...it is no surprise to me. That is a kind od liberation in bonsai after all.
Bonsai people are...or at least should be...highly imaginative people...otherwise wouldn t be doing what they are doing..a small trees that resembles a real 'grown up' tree...or a whole forest. That is imagination in its purest.
But...we all have our worlds of imagination...maybe from childhood from nature...stories...books...travels...well, fairy tales
And we all strive and search in life that beutiful place of our imaginative secret hidden world...
In those stories (are those just stories?) ....trees are not just 'a tree' as people widely take them...they are living entities...like Ents...that could easily be from the word entity...
They rule and master the forest...and they are ancient there...and they feel and move also (scientific fact not a fiction)
So...you see...real world is not far from a tales of imagination...everything is intermingled...
You just have to let yourself to be free.
:)
I am happy that you like it.

Well said, you know I often see bonsai trees labeled as "Fairy Tale" styled but many of the "Fairy Tale" trees are very much more natural looking to me.

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Amazing! Most people who are pretty new to this site are also new to bonsai. They usually come with a question like, "Can you help my dying tree?"... or something lIke that. You are obviously not in that category!☺ Impressive!

Sandevbonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
Well said, you know I often see bonsai trees labeled as "Fairy Tale" styled but many of the "Fairy Tale" trees are very much more natural looking to me.
Of course...only depends what YOU see in it
And that is also only thing that matters
Maybe the owner sees something diferent...and all that is legitimate...
...as long as we enjoy time with our trees
If anybody else likes it also...thats ok...but thats not obligatory or something at least I strive for..
I have to like it myself...my tree...primary I have to like it

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Aaamazing Sleepy hollow tree. Absolutely AAAMAZING:eek:!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad to see you have made it to the forum here. I have enjoyed your older videos on youtube for some time. Eastern Europe has some killer deciduous yamadori!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Could you perhaps post a still photo or two of this lovely tree here? Thank you, wonderful looking creation.

Sifu

Yamadori
Reaction score
I have no words to express my feelings ...
How did you dig up this monster and bring it to your home/car? I guess it wasn't growing on your courtyard :)

Sandevbonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
I have no words to express my feelings ...
How did you dig up this monster and bring it to your home/car? I guess it wasn't growing on your courtyard :)
Well....I practised :)
This isn t the first....or the biggest....bit it s the last
No more that big trees....my back remembers and I am growing older. I would never collect or own such big trees as I do now. Never.
Just one example....see here: http://yamadoriarea.blogspot.com/2010/01/carpinus-orientalis-20102.html
And there are plenty like this...
No more

And this came out of this collected material...

Such a tree with a pot has approximately 80...90kg
And if I want to move it anywhere I need one or two friends with me...so that s really a pain in the...a.s

Top Bottom