Carpinus material

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i bought a Carpinus betulas that looked quite similar for the same price a couple years ago which was also good value
interesting. I find prices to be distinctly lower here. I would not see that re-sell at the 400E level. (In fact trees over 250E are slow sellers)

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Always good stuff. I find this one a little on the overpriced side, considering the larger chops, and the need to make at least one more. But aged piece. Thx for sharing. Glad my yard is full or I might be tempted

thats the cheapest ive seen these at, anywhere and this is a fair sized lump, theres 3 trunks there.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thar Kaizen Carpinus is now sold, so the price must have been good. It was on sale for less than 24 hours.
Id have seriously considered it, at a different time.

THink you can see where this will go, once the top-sacrifices are gone (Now in place to close a few cut-clean-ups)

View attachment 331122

Nice, this is very cool. I've a Carpinus still in a large air pot, bought beginning of this season and not done anything with yet.. is one of my winter projects, needs ALL the work done to it.. will have to decide on its future and put the first stamp down on it. Its not as interesting as yours or the one for sale that Bobby posted but its a big lump, I'm sure something can be done.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thar Kaizen Carpinus is now sold, so the price must have been good. It was on sale for less than 24 hours.
Id have seriously considered it, at a different time.
Nice! New project for someone!
Prices are highly subjective :)

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ive never seen a European hornbeam with such gnarly aged bark, very interesting tree. could be a raft or semi cascade
p1150824.jpgp1150828.jpg

i'd opt for raft and stick that top nose in the soil

Attachments

• p1150829.jpg
    p1150829.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 6
  • p1150831.jpg
    p1150831.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
picked up a Carp today, ill be picking up a few more over next few days and some beeches might be in next week hopefully...
20201103_143836.jpg
20201103_223608.jpg

ill update once in pot

Last edited:

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
this is the other one, its for sale

many thick branches, most are already thick enough for the trunks and can be grown and clipped back for taper.
a plethora of workable low branches. at one point i even thought about removing the main trunk completely on this one, because there is a good clump in here, with that second thinner trunk as the main trunk and all the ground cover
20201105_163538.jpg

Last edited:

BonsaiDTLA

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
this is the other one, its for sale

many thick branches, most are already thick enough for the trunks and can be grown and clipped back for taper.
a plethora of workable low branches. at one point i even thought about removing the main trunk completely on this one, because there is a good clump in here, with that second thinner trunk as the main trunk and all the ground cover
View attachment 338153
Too bad you're on the other side of the pond

Top Bottom