[Carving/Grinders] Anyone know if the Arbortech angle-grinder-extension is sold by others or is something you could get & put onto a regular grinder?

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Am in love with the idea of having one of these:
a.jpg

to go deeper into my trees, for areas where my angle-grinder can't reach but where the die-grinder isn't quite strong enough for bulkier removals... anyways Arbortech gear, as beautiful as it is, is the Lamborghini here and I'm looking for the Corolla lol, any&all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)

(for context/fullness, I have Harbor Freight grinders, have had to fix them twice but they still kick, on the angle-grinder I use: 4" chainsaw disc, 4" rasp-disc and sometimes a flap-disc (starting to think I should be using wire-wheels *here* instead of putting them on my impact-drill! Wearing goggles for the flicked-bristles of course!), and the long-shaft die-grinder is just rasps....starting to think maybe I could ditch the arbortech extension entirely if I had the right 1/4"shanked bit for the die-grinder...)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I would like to see examples of the kind of work you are doing. I'm not trying to be snarky but often people see something demonstrated on the NET and acquire a dream to have one only to find out that reality does not fit their needs.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
The ArborTech mini grinder comes with adaptors to fit most small angle grinders. I have mine on a Dewalt grinder.
The extension does let you get closer but the wheel size limits the spaces you can attack without accidentally carving nearby sections. Good bits on the die grinder may give more flexibility for tighter work.
Those steel carving wheels go blunt very quickly and need to be sharpened every few minutes, even with softer wood like maples. They do sell a tungsten tip version which lasts far longer.

The ArborTech is good for removing bulk wood in relatively open areas but you'll still need other, smaller gear to finish off.

Top Bottom