Carving Practice

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I dug up this rosemary bush which is probably 15 years old. Of course, I hope it lives but whether it lives or not, I plan to use it for some serious carving practice in a year or two.

If anyone see a vision for this this tree, please share it.

Attachments

• Rosemary.jpg
    Rosemary.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 75

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
With that "hand" of dead wood you might want to study Nick Lenz's works, you might be able to make the whole whirl(d) in the hand.

Reaction score
I dug up this rosemary bush which is probably 15 years old. Of course, I hope it lives but whether it lives or not, I plan to use it for some serious carving practice in a year or two.

I see lots of dishes of roast potatoes, omelettes and the like if all else fails:p

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Well, if you plan on keeping both trunks, I don't think you can keep it as an upright. When I look at it, I think of tilting it hard to the left and making it a windblown -- with the leftmost trunk almost parallel to the ground.

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I realize rosemary do not take kindly to major root work but if at all possible I would think your best route would be to separate the two trunks and work them independently. I can't enlarge the pic to get a good look for some reason but from what I can see even a radical planting angle would leave the two trunks moving too much in opposing directions.

If possible to separate them I think you would have quite a few interesting options.

Top Bottom