Cascade Procumbens Nana - Progression

johng

Omono
Reaction score
This is material that came from Steve at Plant City Bonsai...I bought this the summer of 2009(I think)...

this first photo is from Nov. 26, 2009...just into a bonsai container and some minor pruning...
P1100559.JPG

And this is a few days later after applying some wire...Nov 30, 2009
P1100662.JPG

Got a fair amount of grief over this tree as it was styled above...but I had a plan..I wanted this to go on a rock...tried several...this is one that I didn't like
P1140211.JPG

Finally found a home for it... Lace rock purchased from an aquarium store.
P1010731.jpg

and a side view...
P1010733.jpg

John

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The second word that popped into my head after seeing the current image was - HERNIA. The first word was - Beautiful! Let's see a 360 of this wonderful tree please.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
The second word that popped into my head after seeing the current image was - HERNIA. The first word was - Beautiful! Let's see a 360 of this wonderful tree please.

Thanks...It is really not that big or heavy...especially compared to some of my other stuff.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It seems I forgot to follow the rules....twin trunk cascade.

Gorgeous! It also seems not following rules fetched it a nice ribbon! Do you find the lace rock easy to work with?

Grimmy

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Gorgeous! It also seems not following rules fetched it a nice ribbon! Do you find the lace rock easy to work with?

Grimmy

Thank you sir...the ribbon was actually for the whole display...not this individual tree. Lace rock is easy to work with as long as you don't want to change it much...its pretty hard and brittle...not easy to carve...but I do like it. Some of the better aquarium stores in the area bring it by the pallet...at $2.5 - 3/pound its not cheap but still much less than good pottery...and completely unique.

John

Top Bottom