cat got into bonsai. help

caseykckckc

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
so i got a 1-2 year old weeping fig yesterday and i wake up to find my bonsai tree on the ground. it was my devil curious little cat snoopin' around. it was out of its plot anywhere from 3-10 hours. when i saw it i immediately put it back in the pot and added a little water. so my question is how worried should i be about its health? will it be fine? and is there anything i should do to save this little tree? thanks!

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
its a fig it will be fine dont worry

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
Ficus are about the most resilient plant you can get, so I wouldn't freak out. Was it relatively healthy before kitty got to it? If so, it probably won't skip a beat. If it was already somewhat weak, I think it would appreciate being in warmth & humidity as it recovers (& pretty much all other times as well). Just try to keep its soil moist but not wet.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
A slingshot might be a bit underpowered, but much louder might alert the neighbors...pump action pellet gun?

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A slingshot might be a bit underpowered, but much louder might alert the neighbors...pump action pellet gun?

LOL ! I am not a cat fan, but really hate them around my Bonsai. I have had them open my light boxes and sleep on top my tropicals in the cool weather, they also seem to eat certain plants, at least they chew them to pieces. They also love to crawl up and rub themsleves on plants and knock them over.

caseykckckc,
The Benjamina will be fine, they are tough buggers, it may lose a few leaves or more everytime you move it but they get used to it if you move them a lot. I hope you are keeping it in the sun outdoors, they say they do fine indoors but not without a lot of help like grow lights etc., they thrive in the sun.

ed

caseykckckc

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
its been indoors since i got it a few days ago but i plan on moving it outdoors during the day time when it gets a little warmer outside. im in virginia btw. itll do well in the summer heat right? and as you can tell i am fairly new to the bonsai thing haha

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
it is a tropical it would do very well in the heat. unless temps are really low your side at night I won't advise you to put it inside it is too dry

Top Bottom