CBS Sunday Morning

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone see the the CBS Sunday Morning program yesterday? Rita Braverman did a piece with National Bonsai Foundation officials at the National Arboretum--

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/09/sunday/main13562.shtml?tag=hdr;cnav.

Apparently, it's been in the works for some time and has been on the waiting list to air on the program. I missed it :eek::eek:

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw this and enjoyed very much. It had a nice little part on Naka and "Goshin".

Frank

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe CBS will be cool and give the Arbo the vid... so they can post it on their website... I'm sorry to have missed it as well. :(

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wayne's Bonsai Bark blog stated that the segment would be posted on the nbf website after the show had aired. Here's the link to the blog: http://bonsaibark.com/2010/04/15/bonsai-segment-on-cbs-sunday-morning/

I recorded the segment. It was nice and simple. They didn't get into any details about how bonsai is done, but more about why people do it and that interest in bonsai is growing.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"They didn't get into any details about how bonsai is done, but more about why people do it and that interest in bonsai is growing."

Excellent. Another "how to" bonsai would give me a headache. I look forward to the links.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I have been very pleased with CBS lately. They also ran a spot regarding Sarcoma. It NEVER gets any press.

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
My Wife came and got me out of the Bathroom and put it on the TV in Bedroom for me to watch....lol She liked the term "BONSAI WIDOW" I think she will start using that term....lol

Last edited:

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
maybe im a little slow or am missing something but i cant view or find the link at nbf.
even the cbs site isnt helping me.
somebody throw me a bone (sai).
p

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The link hasn't been posted on either site yet. I wouldn't count on CBS posting it. NBF might be the best place to watch for it to appear...Yep, just checked, the link on CBS goes to a story on tea party nonsense. The NBF site, however, has a link to the correct story:
http://www.bonsai-nbf.org/site/whats_new.html

Last edited:

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After hearing from my family and friends who all thought of me I had to find it. Enjoy! I did...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My boss said he saw something on TV this weekend....was that it?

Nice!

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I saw something on (I think it was Sunday morning) 2 weeks ago about bonsai.

They talked with an American student at a place in Japan about bonsai and learning. It was a nice story.

Top Bottom