Ceanothus Cuneatus Yamadori

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last time I reported about these trees, I had just collected them.
Sorry to say all but one died (thirteen total). This little one is the only survivor.

Ceanothus cuneatus .png Ceanothus cuneatus 1.png Ceanothus cuneatus 2.png Ceanothus cuneatus 3.png

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice!

Any word on what may have went wrong with the others?

I like where this could go...with the 2 trunks!

Great start!

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not really sure.tricky species, all of them have really long tap roots. The one that survived was collected earlier than the rest.
Also it was in a smaller container than the others. The only other thing I did to this one was
I cut off all the leaves right after I dug it up.

Ry2Tree2

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm not really sure.tricky species, all of them have really long tap roots. The one that survived was collected earlier than the rest.
Also it was in a smaller container than the others. The only other thing I did to this one was
I cut off all the leaves right after I dug it up.

How is the tree doing? I have found a few large specimen of this species to try and collect and difficulty collecting aside, how do they survive pot culture for you? I think I will try root enhancement and a 2 year collection plan.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
How is the tree doing? I have found a few large specimen of this species to try and collect and difficulty collecting aside, how do they survive pot culture for you? I think I will try root enhancement and a 2 year collection plan.
Hi Ryan, I still have the tree and its doing well its still planted in the same little container in 100% pumice.
Your proposed collection strategy sounds good.
What kind of soil are they growing in? The ones I dug where in very thick clay, with almost no feeder roots.
Good luck and post some pics of them plz.

Ry2Tree2

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hi Ryan, I still have the tree and its doing well its still planted in the same little container in 100% pumice.
Your proposed collection strategy sounds good.
What kind of soil are they growing in? The ones I dug where in very thick clay, with almost no feeder roots.
Good luck and post some pics of them plz.
I have found a few large specimen that are landscape plants. The soil here is generally soft and decent. Not sure what sort of roots to expect so I am not sure if a single year collection plan is viable.

Top Bottom