Celtis x sinensis/africana

Reaction score
i think i would keep this as the front.your new front looks basic, boring and very straight.
they seem to grow extremely fast where you are so i might try these cuts
View attachment 252267

could lose the back trunk or leave it shorter for some depth or lose it and create depth from new branches.
Geesh.... I'll have to go look at it tonight or tomorrow for a good while, Í'm reluctant to chop a second time in a year and a half, three if you count collection. Although from your proposition the only cut that is different is the far right one (in quoted pic), the current cut is about 2? inches higher

Reaction score
2017-01-30_- Copy.jpg
Something like this? The tree will most probably end up being viewable from a few sides, this side feels like the tree is leaning to me, inviting me into its shade.. Maybe I should go home and get some sleep hahaha

I love your work @BobbyLane and @Maros, @Walter Pall started a movement that cannot be stopped in bonsai,
Thank you

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
View attachment 252698
Something like this? The tree will most probably end up being viewable from a few sides, this side feels like the tree is leaning to me, inviting me into its shade.. Maybe I should go home and get some sleep hahaha

I love your work @BobbyLane and @Maros, @Walter Pall started a movement that cannot be stopped in bonsai,
Thank you

yeh something like that i think. did you ever see this thread on the IBC, also a Celtis africana in the naturalistic style http://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t12607-my-broom-celtis

Reaction score
Thats a very nice tree... I saw it today and asked for an update, that was 6 years ago, I can just imagine how amazing it must look now

Reaction score
I found the photos of the chop last year!
uploading for backup purposes
kleiner 2018-08-24.png252815

Last edited:
Reaction score

2019/ 03 /9th
Late summer, the season's growth since the above mentioned chop

Top Bottom