Central Ohio 10' yews up for grabs

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I don't agree with some of the advice, if you dig them up now with a good root ball as Tom mentioned, and I'd simply put in your backyard. For extra protection, just use some landscaping cloth/burlap and surround it from wind. Can't hurt...

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Leo, not sure why you are bumping a 1 year old thread. Im guessing either the trees were collected 1 year ago or not. In any case, there has been no update and the OP hasnt posted here in quite a while.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No biggie :)

This time of year when things slow down, I read down the page more too looking for things I might have missed during the busy summer time, especially when I get caught up and bored at work :p

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Got ahold of the demo crew today and they are planning on using the house for the fireman to practice on in January. So should I dig these up now while the ground is soft enough? And might put these back in the ground here except a couple. Not looking forward to sifting that much soil.

YES. Bring friends and plenty of saws, pry bars and maybe chains and a truck. You may have to use a truck to pull them from the ground. Yews are difficult to dig their roots grow in layers. Put them in strait pumice or trurface or something, sifting should not have to be a problem.

Top Bottom