Chaenomeles japonica from nursery stock

LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is my Try on a ordinary Chaenomeles Japonica. It can be pink and white in flower colour!
Still learning the Wire and everything. Tho I made sure no Branch is wraped to tight

Attachments

• IMG_20220306_105253.jpg
    IMG_20220306_105253.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 61

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Good effort!

You are right about the wiring/styling…. and also need some work on pruning.

But that’s what hands on minds on learning bonsai is all about! It would be good to bury the roots for now.

Here’s A couple excellent links to help you on your wiring in the future. C/O Bonsai Mirai.

Cheers
DSD sends

LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good effort!

You are right about the wiring/styling…. and also need some work on pruning.

But that’s what hands on minds on learning bonsai is all about! It would be good to bury the roots for now.

Here’s A couple excellent links to help you on your wiring in the future. C/O Bonsai Mirai.

Cheers
DSD sends

Thanks!

I had to uncover the top roots, do not worry, as the pot with roots is like twice the height of the actual plant!
the toproots are exposed, will be removed later. Issue was, with al chaenomeles, they have a bunch of baby shoots coming from there. so in order to get rid of them effectivly you ned to dig them up :)!

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Pretty good for someone still learning to wire! As you continue to improve, try to focus on having more effective “combinations” between branches in order to minimize the amount of wire on the trunk.

Here you have what looks like 5 branches and trunk, so you should be able to use just 4 pieces of wire.

I love chaenomeles japonica, great species! Hope this one does well for you.

LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty good for someone still learning to wire! As you continue to improve, try to focus on having more effective “combinations” between branches in order to minimize the amount of wire on the trunk.

Here you have what looks like 5 branches and trunk, so you should be able to use just 4 pieces of wire.

I love chaenomeles japonica, great species! Hope this one does well for you.
Thank you! The wire is loking pretty bad because there is so much of it hahaha.

Not sure how many Bracnhes it was, really just 5? Hard to believe! But you are right, it could have done better with combinations!

Top Bottom