Changing of the guard

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
I see alot of movement in the online bonsai at the moment. Being an Aussie I have been very happy with and spending alot of time with ausbonsai.com
But when I think of where to go for up to date discusion on international bonsai I wonder where to go.
IBC has come back in some form but seems like a temporary fix. There is a new Internationl bonsai forum, Bnut, BT on hold and what are known as Will sites AOB and KNOB.
If I was to recomend an international bonsai forum at the moment I am not sure witch one I would pick.
Maybe we should be pro-active in wich direction we go from here.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see alot of movement in the online bonsai at the moment. Being an Aussie I have been very happy with and spending alot of time with ausbonsai.com
But when I think of where to go for up to date discusion on international bonsai I wonder where to go.
IBC has come back in some form but seems like a temporary fix. There is a new Internationl bonsai forum, Bnut, BT on hold and what are known as Will sites AOB and KNOB.
If I was to recomend an international bonsai forum at the moment I am not sure witch one I would pick.
Maybe we should be pro-active in wich direction we go from here.

I understand what you mean, however, I don't think things like this can be consciously chosen. I think it just happens. One will rise as the leader in bonsai forums and it will be mainly due to the contribution of its members. On second thought, I guess in a way you are right that it could be a pro-active decision.....but to get all the members of a particular forum on board is another matter........

I for one am a fan of BNut :D

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I miss BT and the members very much. BNut suffices but it doesn't have the same community dynamics as BT nor does the search produce the same incredible level of information. I sure miss my friends from there. If BT does not return I hope BNut grows. Maybe creating a site developed based on input about what we love most on our favorite sites.

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To be honest, I only visited BT twice in the last year. Both visits were because of questions asked by PM. While there, I also gave a hand (by PM) to somebody who had asked simple questions that had somehow been left without answers for days.

I do miss the funny discussions I had with bwaynef, suzie and shilpa over there.

nsmar4211

Sapling
Reaction score
I'm to the point where I forget BT is even around......

Personally I've been spending most of my time on Bonsai Vault (disclaimer: I am a mod on a few forums.....but that's not why :) ). No negative back and forth...... No spambots either (whooooo).

All I can say is BNut is definetly named properly ;). Notice its not called "Sane people who are nuts about bonsai"...... *runs away from the bannianate button*
Nah, most of the people on these boards are good people and I'm proud to call em my online buddies. Nut is doing a good job with what he has here. Some times ya just gotta start with a smaller mesh sifter to find the good stuff, but it's there.

Top Bottom