Chat feature?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Does Bonsainut have a live chat feature that I have overlooked? Seems like the site could benefit from one, especially given the amount of duplicate posts (same questions, same answers) over the years and the relatively high number of members online at a time (right now, 200+). I know I would love to be able to ask some questions directly into a chat box and get live feedback, especially questions that are more "poll" oriented (e.g., "do you use root inoculants and, if so, why?" or "what is your latest tree purchase?" etc.).

Just a thought, and I apologize if I've missed something along the way. I don't deny that the thread function serves its purpose (the ability to post photos of progressions, for instance), but it seems like this diachronic function could be complemented by a synchronic function that allows users to interact in real time.

Thoughts?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thoughts?

Placing Polls and interactivity in threads has been proven to be more engaging, which will bring more life to threads.

As it stands, I see folks getting appropriate help where appropriate help is due, which may be a difficult concept to understand but it is simple as a lot of threads and the way questions are formulated are left as, "figure it out for yourself".

Proper communication here, as I recently realized, should be more organized.

@One First Matter All works to summon individuals for opinion.

Capture+_2021-10-20-07-51-09.png

Should be used to hold individual conversations within threads. Always, to lessen assumptions opposing ideas means someone is looking to fight.
It happens often, that folks assume someone is speaking to them simply because their post came next.

We have so many threads now that I don't even go back to many things if not summoned or quoted.

We should note that these tools must be used at all times to keep information organized, it is the other half of the missing body language emojis can't supply.
The act of turning towards someone.

Our trees will get much better when our use of this forum gets better.

Sorce

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have multiple live-chat functions at work. The only thing it adds is that people go live to tell you they have written something asking whether you can check. This is also what half of the messages in the mailbox here is about. I would for that reason not use a chat. That is besides the fact that the number of posts on this forum make it feel like a live chat already at times!

Our trees will get much better when our we use of this forum less and focus on work so our trees gets better.
No worries, just
looking to fight.
;)

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Minutia and details important in the dedicated horticulture bonsai requires will get lost in the hot stream of garbage most(?) Chat/social media apps for forums turns into.

Give me an old timey message board from 56k days *shakes fist*

Top Bottom