Check out Bonsaiq

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hi everyone.

Just wanting to share another youtube channel that I'm not sure anyone has seen.
Bonsaiq is trying to promote the bonsai industry both domestically and abroad. Especially to younger people. He knows that many of the nurseries here do not have heirs and he is trying to do something about it. Most of his videos are done with the guys at Tojuen in Omiya, but he also has visited and collaborated with many others around Omiya and Kawaguchi. Most recently, he has done some videos with the master at Yajimaen who is quite famous for his mame and mini sized bonsai (I'm told he is looking for a serious apprentice).

Recently, in light of the Omiya Bonsai Matsuri being postponed twice and outright canceled, he, along with Tojuen held a weekend sales event where a lot of trees and other products were available. They even allowed the students of their drop in bonsai school to sell some of their trees. A ton of people came through over the course of the weekend and it was a great boost for Tojuen as well as the neighboring nurseries and museum. I was able to meet Q-san when I went, chatted for a bit and I ended up buying three trees as well.

He is really passionate about promoting bonsai and bonsai culture, and really wants to see the industry flourish. Please, if you like his content, show him some love and consider subscribing.

***He does not speak English as far as I know, and cannot afford to hire a translator, but he tries his best to add English titles to his videos and makes auto-generated subs available to reach as many people as possible. He also reads and responds to comments as best he can, so if there is something you want to see, try and reach out.

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Q-san videos are really enjoyable, I've been catching up by watching at least 2 videos per day for the last few weeks.

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
Also been subscribed for a few months, I love this channel! Really enjoy the nursery tour videos. The 2 shohin nurseries he’s been documenting over the last few weeks are awesome, I’ve really gotten a lot of inspiration for future shohin projects 👍🏻

Top Bottom