Check out this Hornbeam Video

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Yo you good old Master Kim helping out....and getting annoyed by his camera.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I happened on a pinus strobus that is just wow for my newby hands to get at a Home Depot. Been trying to find a detailed video on its troublesome defoliation and would really love some input. Going to make a thread tomorrow when I can get it in some good light. As for now till spring I was hoping to get it in the ground with some minor cuts and a decent wiring. Think I got that covered but defoliation and form continuation I am having trouble with. I feel like it might be ready for final shaping the s is so developed I don't know what to do with the apex. Will post tomorrow.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I happened on a pinus strobus that is just wow for my newby hands to get at a Home Depot. Been trying to find a detailed video on its troublesome defoliation and would really love some input. Going to make a thread tomorrow when I can get it in some good light. As for now till spring I was hoping to get it in the ground with some minor cuts and a decent wiring. Think I got that covered but defoliation and form continuation I am having trouble with. I feel like it might be ready for final shaping the s is so developed I don't know what to do with the apex. Will post tomorrow.
Ah strobus. You chose one of the most difficult species in all of Bonsaidom to work with. Not impossible but very difficult. There should be a threat on strobus here. Pictures would help a lot. As far as I am aware its treated as a jwp. One of our customers has one which looks more like penjing than bonsai. Using a penjing style may be better if the tree lacks girth. Trying to thicken these up in a pot takes almost a lifetime.
Looking forward to a pic. In the meantime search 'strobus' in the threads.

Top Bottom