cherry blossom, spring is finally here

donkey

Mame
Reaction score
spring has finally sprung here in the northern wastelands my cherry has finally blossomed after all these weeks of promising and teasing.. I'm going to feed it a lot more potash as it's not bloomed as much as usual. does anyone know if this will help with the colour as every year it is less pink and more white

Attachments

• tree set 5 063.jpg
    tree set 5 063.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 82
  • tree set 5 062.jpg
    tree set 5 062.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 61
  • tree set 5 068.jpg
    tree set 5 068.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Donkey,

Looks like a good start.

What are your plans for styling this tree?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Paul

donkey

Mame
Reaction score
I am just going to copy the shape of the many old cherry's that are around our little town. (We are very lucky in helensburgh with the amount of trees in our town particularly the cherry blossoms some of which are quite old.) Not sure if this is the right thing to do but this is how i try to do most of my trees just by looking at specimens in the wild till i have a tree image imprinted in my brain then try my best to imitate it.

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am just going to copy the shape of the many old cherry's that are around our little town. (We are very lucky in helensburgh with the amount of trees in our town particularly the cherry blossoms some of which are quite old.) Not sure if this is the right thing to do but this is how i try to do most of my trees just by looking at specimens in the wild till i have a tree image imprinted in my brain then try my best to imitate it.

That sounds like a good plan to me.

Best of luck,
Paul

Top Bottom