Cherry Tree (Sucker to Shohin)

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I thought I would take the time to make a proper thread for this future Shohin. This will be a progress thread displaying to you future viewers the process I have taken to finally be able to erase "sucker" from the title, and finally keep it at the proper term of "Cherry Tree". Today is April 9th. The leaves have greened up and grown a nice bit from when I dug it 4 days ago, Sunday April 5th 2020. That is all stored energy, lets hope It survives!

20200408_105953_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That’s awesome, I did the same with my quince the other day, it had this odd side root which started sprouting. I snipped it off because I knew it would only create long term problems anyway. Then I planted the root again instead of tossing it
865CDBE5-70F5-438E-A308-99F9FEA31B49.jpeg

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
That’s awesome, I did the same with my quince the other day, it had this odd side root which started sprouting. I snipped it off because I knew it would only create long term problems anyway. Then I planted the root again instead of tossing it
View attachment 295838
Before I got into Bonsai I would have never even thought of propagating a sucker! I like your quince, I've gained so much useful patience and skills! You should start your own thread, I'd like to see updates! A future masterpiece in the making. We all love our trees, and I'm sure you have already got a vision just as I do.

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This did die a long time ago. Should I use cut paste next time?

Top Bottom