Cherry

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
About a decade ago my club bought a dozen flowering cherry seedlings from Bill V. I took one and in just a few years it stated flowering as advertised. The only problem is that it breaks bud too early. It often starts flowering before I get it out of winter storage. So this year I took a picture. This was two weeks ago.

flowering cherry.jpg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice! What type of cherry? It's been in a pot the entire time?

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
Nice! What type of cherry? It's been in a pot the entire time?
I knew the variety back when they were purchased but I didn't write it down anywhere. (Lesson learned) It was in an oversized plastic "grow" pot for two years. It has been in the pot pictured ever since.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very pretty. I have several that jump the season too, if they are small, I bring them into the house to enjoy them!

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
Because it blooms so early, hardly anyone ever sees it. So, thanks for the 'likes'.

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
Since I posted my cherry, my other flowering tree felt left out. It is a crabapple purchased from a regular nursery in 2004. (Again I don't know the variety). It was probably available because of the bend in the trunk. It flowers vigorously every year at about this time.

I have another crabapple that I collected which is probably a nicer free but it never blooms.

apple.JPG

Top Bottom