Chi Chi Ginkgo oh my!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
2017 spring when it arrived...
20170503_163350.jpg

That right side is developing nicely. The roots on the left side wasn't as plentiful...hope with the repot it kicked it into growing better this past spring when I repotted.

Look at that right side as in...branches in the right places. 😎
2019 fall naked shot. No wonder the canopy this fall was so lovely and full. Looking back...I'm in awe.
IMG_20191107_171423207.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
hi darlene!
i once more eddited your ginkgo picture.
this time so i can post it as an example in my virtual request thread :)
hope you like it !
View attachment 340352

i just noticed its an 2019 picture but it isnt less prety :D
I'm honored...thank you. Yes, not much difference between the two years. Love what you did with it.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Looks great!
I see ginkgos in DC planted as street trees all the time.
Love the yellow gold fall color.
Thanks!

Absolutely have to see these in person for fall color to truly appreciate them. Their yellow is so hard to capture on an image the right shade. As you would know.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I bought 30 small gingos a few months ago and if even one of them turns out 1/987th this good, I'll be very happy.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but how much of a difference in leaf size is there between the chichi and the standard variety?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I bought 30 small gingos a few months ago and if even one of them turns out 1/987th this good, I'll be very happy.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but how much of a difference in leaf size is there between the chichi and the standard variety?
Well, they are toted for being a dwarf variety. I found the largest leaf on mine a few years back...and grabbed a leaf from the town square where gingko line the streets. This was a comparison. I've heard ones say ginkgo leaves don't really reduce. Buy to be honest...they are special. Fall especially a special time having one in the collection.

Wow...30 of them. That is close to my entire collection in number! Wish you the best.
Screenshot_20210610-064246_Gallery.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Mine is a slender stick in the pot that I have no idea what to do with ... but my heart skips a beat whenever I look at the foilage, green or yellow. Just love'em! @Cadillactaste - your specimen is gorgeous!
I hate sounding like a broken record on ground growing...but the guy I got mine from. Sticks all young material in the ground to grow. He's made some amazing trees...mine among them.

Let me share what he did on Facebook.
Screenshot_20210610-064932_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1623322184999.jpg

SevenOaks

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I hate sounding like a broken record on ground growing...but the guy I got mine from. Sticks all young material in the ground to grow. He's made some amazing trees...mine among them.
Thanks - I have to read up a bit about "putting it in the ground" ... and get something going next spring. It'll have to stay put in the pot for the time being.

Top Bottom