Chicagoland area bonsai show cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
It looks like the Midwest Bonsai Society has cancelled their August show in the Chicagoland area.

It appears that the show was cancelled due to COVID-19 WHICH IS NOT A VALID REASON AT ALL.

They have also cancelled their monthly meetings for the same NON VALID REASON, COVID-19.

I have sent them multiple emails over this, and their response is..... due to covid-19, and to be in compliance with state and local HEALTH guidelines, they feel it was necessary to cancel the meetings and events. THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, COVID-19 is NOTHING TO CARE ABOUT, it is only a RESPIRATORY virus and as such NOTHING TO CANCEL ANYTHING FOR.

CANCELLING IT FOR HEALTH PEECAUTIONS IS UNACCEPTABLE, the trees cannot contract covid-19 so the events should go on as planned.

anyone in the chicago area needs to email and facebook messenger them and voice their displeasure for cancelling the meetings and shows for NO VALID REASON. THE GOVERNOR AND LOCAL HEALTH OFFICIALS HAVE NO LAWFUL AUTHORITY OVER ANYTHING OR ANYONE, AND COVID-19 IS NOT A LEGIMATE DANGER OR THREAT TO ANYTHING AT ALL.

i have had numerous other people email and facebook messenger them over the cancellation of the events and meetings for an UNACCEPTABLE REASON and more people NEED TO.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I was going to comment on Covid-19, but realized I would immediately turn this thread into a train wreck.

The organizers of the show can do whatever they want with the show for any reason. I recognize your disappointment, but if they feel they need to cancel the show for public health concerns, or because the stars aren't aligned, they are within their rights to do so. Same can be said for their monthly meetings. If you don't like it, not only should you let them know (as you have) but consider running for the board, or becoming more actively involved in the MWBS where you can try to influence club policy.

It is sad... but let us hope that next year's show will just be that much better. The Chicago August Show is not the only show to be cancelled - rather, I am not aware of any shows that have gone forward after this year's big spring shows (LA / Kannapolis)

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know what? FUCK you who think this isn't a problem. I just buried a friend yesterday that died from it last week. I'm sick of listening to this silly bullshit. If you are so fucking selfish as to complain about not being able to go to bonsai because you think its about THE TREES not getting it, you a moron.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wow! Just bc you haven’t contracted it... it dosent exist right!!! Oh and your at an age where who cares! Lmao

The event is literally closed simply bc of tards like this not caring about anything but themselves!

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
Health is not THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE. PLEASURE IS. If I am healthy I have to work at a job instead of just having pleasure, if I get it with asthma it will just qualify me to get disability which means free money to have pleasure with, and less for old people.

Meh

Mame
Reaction score
Wow.

I DO think MBS could do virtual meetings via zoom, get a virtual demo from a professional, have small outdoor gatherings in compliance with the safety guidelines, and adapt in other ways. I wonder if they have considered this.

Not everything has to be black and white, angry, I'm right they're wrong, etc.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
They are considering doing virtual meetings. DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND THAT IS STILL SPENDING TIME ALONE FOR NO VALID REASON BUT HEALTH. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO FORCE PEOPLE TO PROTECT THEIR HEALTH FOR NO VALID REASON. HEALTH IS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN FUN AND PLEASURE, and be forced to follow bs for NO REASON. Covid is not dangerous or deadly, just disabling, its only respiratory. I have asthma, won’t take the medication for it and still smoke and will not take precautions for covid, AND I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
99% control.

You can't convince a bunch of people who they already have convinced this is "really serious" to go out to see bonsai and it was probably hard to get a crowd big enough to come to a show before, let alone now.

So I don't blame them.

When you're about to lose more than you gain, be it in energies or whatever, it's just not worth it.

Don't blame the smart bonsai folks.

Blame the Media. Or the G.

Chaos is still coming.

I'm going to have to retrieve weapons and ammo off of dead bodies. Let em drop.

Sorce

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Health is not THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE. PLEASURE IS. If I am healthy I have to work at a job instead of just having pleasure, if I get it with asthma it will just qualify me to get disability which means free money to have pleasure with, and less for old people.
hey idiot, you can't enjoy life much if you're dead...

They are considering doing virtual meetings. DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND THAT IS STILL SPENDING TIME ALONE FOR NO VALID REASON BUT HEALTH. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO FORCE PEOPLE TO PROTECT THEIR HEALTH FOR NO VALID REASON. HEALTH IS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN FUN AND PLEASURE, and be forced to follow bs for NO REASON. Covid is not dangerous or deadly, just disabling, its only respiratory. I have asthma, won’t take the medication for it and still smoke and will not take precautions for covid, AND I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO.

You my friend are living in a dream world and probably don't get out of the house much. COVID, from what I have seen in person, up close and personal, is NOT "only respiratory." My friend died of a blood clot directly associated with the infection. Another friend who was hospitalized for a month with it, has cognitive brain issues now and is still fighting issues far beyond breathing.

I have a feeling you haven't seen this in person and live in an area where it hasn't affected anyone you actually know. Unfortunately, your fortunate situation is probably going to change and soon. I hope to God you don't have someone that gets a bad round of it, or God help you, kills them.

Health is the foundation of your life. Without it, you can't do anything else.

As for the selfish "You can't make me" bullshit, stop being a four year old. This isn't about you alone, it's about your friends and neighbors.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
First of all my neighbors are my age and older so I won’t associate with them. I will never associate with anyone my age only 20-25 years younger.
There is no job that is worth a thing to me, and all a waste of my time. I do not want health care, at all don’t want vision or dental insurance, and sure don’t want to BE SUCCESSFUL AT A CAREER FOR NO ONE AT ALL, IF I WAS DATING A GUY UNDER 26 maybe I would care about health or a job BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE A REASON TO AND BE DOING IT FOR SOMEONE. I was not concerned about AIDS SO I SURE WONT BE CONCERNED WITH COVID, and I DO NOT GET ANY PREVENTIVE MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ASTHMA, ESPECIALLY IF I HAVE TO ASSOCIATE WITH GUYS MY AGE.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Caryboy , if I sincerely asked if you were trolling, would you give me a sincere answer?

I ask because I know EXACTLY what you (not trolling) mean, or, (trolling) are saying.

I have some of the very same sentiments.

I was watching a thing last night about the increased suicides from this thing, so if we are to quell that, which to me, is way more real than the panic, we should have a reasonable conversation.

Just wondering how possible this is.

No ILL in ILL.😉

Sorce

Meh

Mame
Reaction score
First of all my neighbors are my age and older so I won’t associate with them. I will never associate with anyone my age only 20-25 years younger.
There is no job that is worth a thing to me, and all a waste of my time. I do not want health care, at all don’t want vision or dental insurance, and sure don’t want to BE SUCCESSFUL AT A CAREER FOR NO ONE AT ALL, IF I WAS DATING A GUY UNDER 26 maybe I would care about health or a job BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE A REASON TO AND BE DOING IT FOR SOMEONE. I was not concerned about AIDS SO I SURE WONT BE CONCERNED WITH COVID, and I DO NOT GET ANY PREVENTIVE MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ASTHMA, ESPECIALLY IF I HAVE TO ASSOCIATE WITH GUYS MY AGE.
I understand and respect your position, you are making a personal decision about the things you value. Why don't you respect that, we, as a society, are going through the same exercise.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
In Illinois since the fat idiot governor put restrictions on the citizens for no reason there have been 75,000 suicides. Only 7,300 dead from this alleged virus of which 80% were from nursing homes

WHAT IS A WORSE NUMBER. And people complying with the restrictions will make it worse for NO VALID REASON.

Meh

Mame
Reaction score
In Illinois since the fat idiot governor put restrictions on the citizens for no reason there have been 75,000 suicides. Only 7,300 dead from this alleged virus of which 80% were from nursing homes

WHAT IS A WORSE NUMBER. And people complying with the restrictions will make it worse for NO VALID REASON.
Good luck, guy. Wish you well.

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It looks like the Midwest Bonsai Society has cancelled their August show in the Chicagoland area.

It appears that the show was cancelled due to COVID-19 WHICH IS NOT A VALID REASON AT ALL.

They have also cancelled their monthly meetings for the same NON VALID REASON, COVID-19.

I have sent them multiple emails over this, and their response is..... due to covid-19, and to be in compliance with state and local HEALTH guidelines, they feel it was necessary to cancel the meetings and events. THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, COVID-19 is NOTHING TO CARE ABOUT, it is only a RESPIRATORY virus and as such NOTHING TO CANCEL ANYTHING FOR.

CANCELLING IT FOR HEALTH PEECAUTIONS IS UNACCEPTABLE, the trees cannot contract covid-19 so the events should go on as planned.

anyone in the chicago area needs to email and facebook messenger them and voice their displeasure for cancelling the meetings and shows for NO VALID REASON. THE GOVERNOR AND LOCAL HEALTH OFFICIALS HAVE NO LAWFUL AUTHORITY OVER ANYTHING OR ANYONE, AND COVID-19 IS NOT A LEGIMATE DANGER OR THREAT TO ANYTHING AT ALL.

i have had numerous other people email and facebook messenger them over the cancellation of the events and meetings for an UNACCEPTABLE REASON and more people NEED TO.
My opinion is that people like you should stay the fuck away from me with that q-anon anivax bullshit. Go get infected elsewhere.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
80% were from nursing homes

My wife works in one.

My 102 year old Potter friend got sick through this, and recovered.

No one there has died of it, and a worker has had it.

I don't believe any of these numbers!

Except 1(800)CONTROL.

Sorce

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
In Illinois since the fat idiot governor put restrictions on the citizens for no reason there have been 75,000 suicides.

what? 75k suicides in Illinois?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In Illinois since the fat idiot governor put restrictions on the citizens for no reason there have been 75,000 suicides and/or drug overdoses. Only 7,300 dead from this alleged virus of which 80% were from nursing homes

Yo-- genius, the 75,000 number was in a study of potential suicides nationally. There have been 139,000 U.S. deaths from Covid SINCE MARCH...the COVID death toll is projected to be almost a QUARTER OF A MILLION people in the U.S. by this fall.

Get your head out of your ass. Yes, indeed, there is substantial collateral damage from this, WHICH IS ALL THE MORE REASON NOT TO BE AN ASSHOLE ABOUT TRYING TO STOP ITS SPREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom