chilly

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I guess I should be, but they saw a few nights in the 40's last year with no ill effects. After Sunday, it's supposed to warm up a bit. I'm not doing the two-step. Once they're in , they're in.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
nah

“in” is relative....feels like fall today, only significantly weakened ones and crape will go into garage, tropicals in house at 38* f

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I just brought all my tropicals (desmodium,water jasmine, ficus, jaboticaba, bougies, adenium and carambola) into my greenhouse a couple hrs ago, supposed to be down to the 40s at night here for the next few nights. Am I supposed to leave a fan running all the time even with the heater on? This is my first year with then greenhouse so I have much too learn. Thanks.

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yup. Until it drops below 40f I don’t worry about them. My tropicals and succulents have seen the 40s every year and they’ve never complained.

Attachments

• 22949A75-D676-4AAA-A4A2-25D3487147F0.jpeg
    22949A75-D676-4AAA-A4A2-25D3487147F0.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nope, didnt move a thing. Its 54 degrees here right now and everything is still outside on the benches, including my tropicals.

Anything that isnt tropical wants to experience frost a few times and some even a mild freeze before being put to bed for the winter.

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just brought all my tropicals (desmodium,water jasmine, ficus, jaboticaba, bougies, adenium and carambola) into my greenhouse a couple hrs ago, supposed to be down to the 40s at night here for the next few nights. Am I supposed to leave a fan running all the time even with the heater on? This is my first year with then greenhouse so I have much too learn. Thanks.
Yes, air circulation is important.

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I woke up to 37 this morning......but I refuse to buy tropicals... the shuffle is a pita

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congratulations to the new non-shufflers!

Your trees will be noticably healthier!

I'm waiting too.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I shared this in “Please share your photos”
3574CBA3-DFF3-4DE2-9EE1-E77442FEA2F9.jpeg
Everyone GOING in... has BEEN in.

🤓⛄

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
This would have saved my Scots that is presently waiting to die with its pot already interred in the cemetery ground.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I finished all my tropicals yesterday and it was 39 F last night. Will be mid 30s next two nights. I will not shuffle mine in and out even on warm days. The shorter daylight hours set up physiological changes I am not ready to deal with on my vigorous growing tender plants.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Carambola bonsai? Pictures!

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks very nice, do you get fruit from it? I see you're in DC, whered you find this one at?

I only had it since May, didn't have fruit or flower this year but it had fruits before so the guy said. I bought it from Maivangflorida.com. He posted a YouTube video and I just gotta have it lol. Hopefully it will fruit next year for me.

Top Bottom