China trip, can I ship back?

Bostonbull

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We have an office in Dongguan and I would like to ship back what I can from China. Obviously pots and tools are easy. What about plants?

Speaking of, are there any pots or tools from China specifically I should have my team search out? Or the next time I am there to search out?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Importing plants would be very tough due to the amount of quarantines and certificates you would need to have. The best bet would be to find a grower in china who has a quarantine in place that meets the US customs and USDA standards then work from there. I know up here its fairly easy to import tropical plants from Taiwan due to our cold climate and them regularly meeting standards but not sure how that works in the US due to you having much more varied climates. Pots and tools though should be easy enough to get and you don't need paperwork!

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You would have to bare root them AND have certificates....... more expensive than just buying trees in your country.
Go for pots...... a lot of good Chinese pots....

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m on a train back to SZ right now, I’ll wave as we blast past DongGuan

Bostonbull

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Any pots or tools in particular I should have them grab? Any great places you recommend in the DG area?

I'm new to bonsai and don't know much about different pots, learning!

Kevin what are you doing in SZ?!

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kevin what are you doing in SZ?!
I’m studying at ShenZhen University.
I think a pair of concave cutters will be your best friend, but don’t listen to me, I still use scissors and a friggin hacksaw. Wait for one of the big dogs to reply on this post

You should be familiar with taobao, if not, find a buddy who is and look into getting this...
【Blade Round Edge Concave Knob Branch Cutter Garden Bonsai To】https://m.tb.cn/h.3unx180?sm=bc0a10 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥MvkKbHBNIXS¥后到?淘♂寳♀?

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Don't forget to haggle..... it's a must and even so they will still probably rip you off......although you would get a good deal compared to the Western price

Bostonbull

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Familiar with Taobao, its hard to weed out quality vendors from cheap imitations though.

Pots: what should I have the team send me? Anything in particular to look out for?

Tools: Unless they are as good or better than he Japanese pruning tools I love, it doesn't make a ton of sense. Any Chinese brands that are worth the money?

Prices will be WAY less than Western prices! I am lucky that I know these avenues and work in these regions. :)

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Familiar with Taobao, its hard to weed out quality vendors from cheap imitations though.

Pots: what should I have the team send me? Anything in particular to look out for?

Tools: Unless they are as good or better than he Japanese pruning tools I love, it doesn't make a ton of sense. Any Chinese brands that are worth the money?

Prices will be WAY less than Western prices! I am lucky that I know these avenues and work in these regions. :)
I found stone pots that I like, haven’t bought one, but I will soon
【天然水槽上水盆景盆 水培器石头花盆青石槽 水底石盆吸水假山石器】https://m.tb.cn/h.3uuqzMG?sm=ed9c7b 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥tpOmbtZWj75¥后到?淘♂寳♀?

Top Bottom