Chinese Bonsai [ possible ficus - Eferguson ]

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Cool, thanks Anthony. I just need to go buy more time for my phone later so I can watch them. My line is prepay and videos eat up time.
Im looking for a good jacote branch to root. A six inch cutting will root laying on the ground. Its a fruit tree with textured bark and a tart fruit. Theres something they call wachipalin here that I need to try also. It doesnt fruit but has cool bark, small leaves and is tough to kill. Trees with compund leaves are hard to bonsai, right? There are some that would look so cool if the leaves would stay in scale with the rest. My field guide is going to help. I think I will still be a ficus freak too, there easy to get, free, and put up with my abuse. But Im looking for others too. Thanks again for the videos and help!

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spondias Purpurea is Hog Plum.
Does not work.
Will respond with more or less 4 branches and die back or just watch you.
Been there, done that.

No Pomegrantes? Tamarindus ? Pinus [ Honduran ] ? Flaucortica Indica ? Malpighia e ?
Good Day
Anthony

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I
Spondias Purpurea is Hog Plum.
Does not work.
Will respond with more or less 4 branches and die back or just watch you.
Been there, done that.

No Pomegrantes? Tamarindus ? Pinus [ Honduran ] ? Flaucortica Indica ? Malpighia e ?
Good Day
Anthony
I guess Ill have to find out what those others are and see what I find. Thanks for all the help Anthony, you have a good sence of what may be available and experience with potential matetial species. Cant wait for my field guide comes!

Top Bottom